South Asian Weddings

Ceremony music question

Hello,

What music are you using for your ceremony? During the ceremony itself we are using traditional Nadaswaram, but I'm looking for something for before the ceremony while people are getting seated, preferably something instrumental. I'm looking for something happy but mellow and I'm finding it kind of a challenge! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony music question

• edited December 2011
    We're going to have soft instrumental stuff playing while people get seated. None of the ceremony music is Indain in the least, but we're having some classical (Air on the G String, Canon in D, etc) and some Celtic things (pulled some from Celtic Wedding and Celtic Dance CDs that I already owned, but I don't know titles). Our processional and recessional songs will also be classical, played on acoustic guitar by a friend of FI's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

How traditional  do you want the music?  You can do something like Anoushka Shankar, or Ravi Shankar?

ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    His Beloved One- Sounds lovely, and a nice way to tie in both of your cultures. I hadn't thought about using non Indian music myself, but it might work.

Mastistyle- It doesn't have to be too traditional- I wouldn't mind using instrumental Hindi songs or something like that, but I'm South Indian and not too well versed in Bollywood, so I have no idea where to start! Somebody posted this awhile ago, more songs like this would be fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJHLFf_nco

I've checked out some Ravi Shankar CDs that my parents have, but most of it was in a minor chord, kind of sad sounding. I might just have to look around a little more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards