October 2013 Weddings

Dress shopping tomorrow

SO I am dress shopping tomorrow.  The plan is to come home with a dress.  I am flying down to DC to a Brides against breast cancer event.  They have discounted dresses and the proceeds go to a good cause.  Plus I'm doing a VIP event where i get to sip on drinks while dress shopping.
Im excited

Re: Dress shopping tomorrow

• That sounds like tons of fun.  I haven't tried on any dresses yes cause I'm too much of a wimp, even though I found pictures of the "perfect" dress for me, just kind of screams my personality.  I'm going with two friend at the end of October to try on different silhouttes to just get an idea. The big dress shopping day will be with my mom and my sister who is also my MOH on the Saturday after Thanksgiving since we'll be home for the holidays.  I'm really excited and they both are too, we are making a day of it.

I especially love that you are doing a whole breast cancer event, that's really awesome.  Good luck!!!
  • I live in DC area :D. How long will you be here?

I bought my dress a few months back. Good luck in your search.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I am so excited to see how her evening went!

• me too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • The event went really well. They had all the dresses on the racks and let us start looking through at 7.  I ended up leaving with my dress at about 9:15ish.  I think I tried on about 12 dresses but I love my dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:3be6254a-39c2-47dc-987c-a2db8aad480ePost:0eab4889-0f8d-4453-8e8e-506c06267a7b">Re: Dress shopping tomorrow</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in DC area :D. How long will you be here? I bought my dress a few months back. Good luck in your search.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

I was only in Dc for the day.  I had some friends in the area so I saw them during the day and then went dress shopping at night.  Also stopped at the zoo for an hour...which was amazing
  • Pictures or it didn't happen :)

Are you happy lconoran and shannie? hehe

• So its a Maggie Sottero (although I'm nto big into designer names my best friend is..I just like it because its pretty) But i did like the savings I got at least 81.25%

I will try to see if I can get the picture of the top. It is super sparkly and the dress has my something blue on it. We almost didnt pull it for me to try. Its a very light blue but you dont even notice it when its on.
  • That is a lovely dress. Congratulations :D

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Very pretty! Well done Stina :o
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • haha Stina.  Very nice!  I can't wait to go in a couple weeks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • It is very pretty! Congratulations!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards