North Carolina

wedding guest book photo album

hey girls! i've heard of people doing a photo album as a guest book. any website recommendations? thanks!

Re: wedding guest book photo album

• meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used MyPublisher. It was really nice and I got tons of compliments. I got the larger "Deluxe Hardcover" size because I didn't want a dinky little book, where we wouldn't have space for people to sign. We used pictures from our engagement photo sessions.  It was great and I got so many compliments. I saw people just flipping through and looking at it all night.  

ps. they have sales very often. For example, they have a sale that ends today for $30 off of a book.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our photographer is doing ours so I can't give any recommendations, but I have seen that others have used shutterfly and picaboo.  Groupon for Greensboro has a $100 gift certificate for $15 today for picaboo photo books...but again, no idea if they are easy to use or not.

• ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you use MyPublisher definitely get the deluxe hardcover. I ordered the other one and like Meredith said, it was a "dinky little book". I didn't have time to re-order another one so we used it and very few people signed it. Other than that, MyPublisher does produce a really great quality product.  Also, since it's kind of non-traditional make sure you have a sign or a greeter or something to designate it as the guest book. I think we maybe had 5 people sign ours :(
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a shutterfly book because I had a coupon for a free one. When it came in it was a little smaller than I wanted but it ended up having plenty of space for our guests to sign. I got the deluxe hardcover for our wedding album and it's really nice. It's a bit larger than I would have wanted for a guest book though. I would have preferred something in between. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks girls! i definitely want people to sign it though.... i hope i don't have trouble with that since it's not a "tradiational" guestbook.

meredith: did you have trouble with people not signing yours? any tips on how to make it work best?

thanks!
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have any trouble with people signing ours. There was a podium type thing as you walked in our church. We had the programs in the same area. The guest book had a pen beside it so it was kind of understood. Our coordinator was around to guide people in case they looked lost though. :-)
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have much trouble with getting people to sign ours, mostly because we had a guest book attendant and put it out at the reception too. 

I did have a few pages at the end without a lot of signatures, but that's what's great about having pictures in the book.  If there are pages without many signatures, it's still nice because you have photos on the page, so it doesn't feel that 'blank.'
  • edited December 2011
    I made mine with blurb.com and it was fabulous.  It looked really professional and I had tons of options.  I used an image-wrap hardcover with our professional e-pics.  We had it on a podium with a guestbook attendant and most people signed.  We just used a regular ballpoint pen.  I highly recommend that you check out Blurb!
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    I made mine with shutterfly because I had a coupon for a free 12x12 book.  I liked how it turned out.  See my profile for pics and a link to the book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards