Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Anyone have a cake reccomendation?

I'm just looking for a place to make a tasty, pretty buttercream-covered cake, and the place I sort of fell in love with online has closed :(.

I don't really need crazy sculpted/fondant insanity, just something that looks good and tastes good, at a reasonable price.  Any thoughts?

My wedding venue is in Catonsville, so Baltimore area, slightly southwest of Baltimore.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone have a cake reccomendation?

• Options
    They aren't located in Catonsville but I am sure they deliver there for weddings, but Desserts by Rita is known for their amazing tasting cakes.  They are located in Havre de Grace...you can google the name of the shop to see what they have available.

• Options
    Contact The Dancing Apron Bakery.... She does beautiful buttercream work
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sugarbakers - http://www.sugarbakerscakes.com/

Can't say what the pricing is because they had a deal with the catering company we used.  But we did have a simple but pretty buttercream cake:

• Options
    Thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    I did a tasting with Sugarbakers, and they definitely wanted close to $600 (for 70 people) for a buttercream cake to be delivered downtown. I thought that was crazy. We're going to our vendor's preffered baker, Baltimore Cakery but we've tried her cake and it's DIVINE! Their ingredients are really fresh and they try to be as organic as possible. Plus, she's really willing to try custom flavors if you ask her. We're trying to see if she could try to do a red bean mousse type of filling. So excited!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You could try checking out YiaYia's Bakery in the Rosedale/White Marsh area as well. That is where we got our cake from and it was amazing!

ETA: Oh also there is Herman's Bakery in Dundalk. That is where we go for our cakes at work. They are really good as well.
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    Sweet Sensations LLC cakes are delicious!! and REALLY affordable. Plus they use all natural ingredients and dont use frozen cakes, baking everything fresh to order.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards