Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

seamstress in the south metro

I am looking for a seamstress in the south metro! I am looking for a reasonably priced one but still one that will do a wonderful job. I bought my dress at Davids but have heard some bad things and I've already had trouble with them for my bridesmaids dresses. So If you could give me some ideas of places or people to go to that would be great. I don't need it taken in too much, but will need it hemmed and a bustle! Thanks girls!!

Re: seamstress in the south metro

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol - there is a woman named Sodarrah who lives in Eagan (don't know her last name and I don't have a phone number) but she came highly recommended from the Wedding Shoppe (used to be one of their seamstresses) and they would be able to give you the info if you called I'm sure.  She did some serious miracle work with a bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding that another seamstress botched in a big way.  We took my BM's dresses there and they turned out great. 
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue Wills- she works out of her home but also does the Loft Bridal shops alterations - can't beat her pricing and she was recommended to me by several of my friends who have used her for bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses. 612-616-1400 or willsernst@aol.com
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sharon Pothen who works out of her home in Inver Grove Heights. She was recommended by Napier Bridal, where I got my dress. I have my first appointment with her on Saturday, so I can give you more details after that if you would like.

Her email address is tspothen@aol.com if you are interested.
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_seamstress-south-metro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:d5c045ec-40a1-4352-9ff7-fa0f1e0c44ecPost:9ca3b8bb-35b4-4cd3-b649-d547bc8dbb22">Re: seamstress in the south metro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sue Wills- she works out of her home but also does the Loft Bridal shops alterations - can't beat her pricing and she was recommended to me by several of my friends who have used her for bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses. 612-616-1400 or willsernst@aol.com
    Posted by mlschn06[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YUP!!! I know her personally she gifted her services to me and came to the wedding. She is SUPER great! tell her Jamie (Pam's God daughter) sent you!  Pam is also her assistant :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh she also works out of her home. She is located out of Burnsville. </div>
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    How far are you from Edina? Kristen Olsen @ The Dressmaker is doing my dress & she seems to really know her stuff!

http://thedressmaker.com/
  • edited December 2011
    There's a place in Apple Valley off of CD 42.  In the strip mall area by the walmart, behind the McDonald's/Bruegger's.  (Hope this makes sense).  I believe it's called weddings by Tess or something.  Anyways I'm pretty sure they do alterations there. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards