California-Los Angeles

Huntington Park? NWR

FI an I have been looking for a house and we found a beautiful home in HP. 

Do any of you know anything about this area? Is it safe? 
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Huntington Park? NWR

• edited December 2011
    Check this out: http://www.city-data.com/city/Huntington-Park-California.html

Also, see if Huntington Park's newspaper has a Twitter or Facebook account that feeds the news...you'll see what comes up on a daily basis. Or Follow The OC Register on Twitter for daily updates: @OCReggie

I don't seem to hear a lot of bad news about HP though.
    KRISTEN SIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY *** Weddings, Events, Portraits, and More! *** www.kristensimental.com
  • edited December 2011
    I have lived around the are for the past 20+ years. Like any other city, it has its areas. So, it really depends where in H.P you are looking into.
    It is not the Safest ut I dont think it is that bad. Like I said, it all depends what area. If it is in between Slauson, Gage, Florence, Firestone & Pacific you have to remember of  the Street Stores, & the carnivals they have there twice a year.. so traffic might be a bit hectic.
  • rinanmattrinanmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually grew up there, and personally, I wouldn't recommend it.  It's far from the freeways and from a safety perspective, I don't think it's safe at all.  I couldn't wait to get out of that area and after I left for college, my parents moved shortly thereafter.  Hopefully, its gotten better, but I haven't been around that area in the past 5 years.
  • edited December 2011
    Huntington Park??? mmmm.. maybe try searching another city :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    www.mrandmrsponce.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards