Snarky Brides

is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?

Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:4e46a3c1-80d9-4a02-a33e-62b55db27309">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : I see it right there.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]
    So tell me, do you think that says "Annoyed"  or "annoying"?  Because it still doesn't say either one of those words.

Keep trying, though.  It's fun to watch you make yourself into a fool repeatedly.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • but it's still not the definition.  It's explaining the etymology as in where the word came from
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I can only imagine what kind of lives you ladies live...

• Well, I bet no one here can tell me what a plagal cadence is.

Wait...we're not trying to show off how smart we are?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Cadence - isn't that a misspelling of Candace?  I could have sworn I saw it as a baby name on the bump somewhere...

• No, you really can't imagine my life.  I yell at dead cats on the highway and fight military robots all day.  It's CRAZY and you just. wouldn't. understand.
  • Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2010
    Yep, Kiki's CRAZY for real.  We can only let her out for short periods of time.

• I'm a super hero.  My life is very similar to that of Wonderwoman. If you want to imagine it, open a comic book.  I pulled a bunch of people from a burning building this morning, saving dozens of lives.  When's the last time you saved a life?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just like to hang out here for the boobs.
  • My life is awesome. Just ask my best friends, Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia. They are some crazy gals. We tear up the Miami scene together on the regular. Don't hate.
  • As a serious response to your question, I don't find it rude as I'm stuck in a similar predicament. It's not that I'm worried about it, but that the Country Club where our reception is does not allow jeans, period. So I'm also stuck in how to include that in our invitations without sounding rude. It's a very fine line and I wish you the best of luck!
  • Cew, as Brie would say:

• Why would you make an SN on an internet message board if you assumed the posters wouldn't understand the meaning?

Oh wait, I'm trying to apply logic to this situation. *slaps hand*
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:1562ce1c-65c3-4a29-9d32-be10d4c5628c">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a serious response to your question, I don't find it rude as I'm stuck in a similar predicament. It's not that I'm worried about it, but that the Country Club where our reception is does not allow jeans, period. So I'm also stuck in how to include that in our invitations without sounding rude. It's a very fine line and I wish you the best of luck!
    Posted by J_Mae84[/QUOTE]
    Country Clubs are a different story.  You can let guests know that there is a minimal dress code.

• Oh, Keeks. You're cracking me up with your dead cat talk today. I'm air high fiving you right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:0d64ac41-aeef-4c7b-b2df-519169864190">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just like to hang out here for the boobs.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

( . )( . )
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:aeebd975-9bd4-46ce-acaf-4878cea869ab">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would you make an SN on an internet message board if you assumed the posters wouldn't understand the meaning? Oh wait, I'm trying to apply logic to this situation. *slaps hand*
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I just use it for everything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:5ca76181-8eab-4318-8db4-cd5d47c14cc2">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : I just use it for everything.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]

Eep!  Probably not something to admit on the boards. You're bound to get googled now.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:bd07bcf3-5f57-44c0-a1de-ce64967af6a7">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : ( . )( . )
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

We especially love your boobs, Sucrets.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Sounds like you are trying really hard for a self-fulfilling prophecy, but its not working.. sorry. You aren't deceiving us at all.

In modern usage, sophism, sophist, and sophistry are derogatory terms, due to the influence of many past philosophers.

A sophism is taken as a specious argument used for deceiving someone. It might be crafted to seem logical while actually being wrong, or it might use difficult words and complicated sentences to intimidate the audience into agreeing, or it might appeal to the audience's prejudices and emotions rather than logic, i.e. raising doubts towards the one asserting, rather than his assertion. The goal of a sophism is often to make the audience believe the writer or speaker to be smarter than he or she actually is, e.g., accusing another of sophistry for using persuasion techniques.

A sophist is a user of sophisms, i.e., an insincere person trying to confuse or deceive people. Sophists will try to persuade the audience while paying little attention to whether their argument is logical and factual.

Sophistry means making heavy use of sophisms. The word can be applied to a particular text or speech riddled with sophisms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • *air high five* back, cew!

B- She's not real smrt about internet safety (big surprise).  Yesterday, she had her and her FI's entire names in her sig.  They must be pretty boring, though, because nobody found any good dirt.

• Oh, this is the where my brothers go to school chick?

• One and the same, I believe.

• This has been a fun read. I've had such a boring day.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • My karma is about to go to hell....I'm done. :)
  • edited March 2010
    Who is Karma? And why is she going to hell?
  • If you are that worried about what the hell people are going to wear, just make it black tie.  I mean really.  I have been to weddings where people came in jeans and did they look stupid?  Yes.  Was it the end of the world? No.

As for the party crashers, just clearly state on the invitation who is invited.  On your response cards put "We have reserved __ number of seats for you" or something along those lines (the invitation board can help better on the wording).  If people show up who were not invited, its their problem.  I wouldn't be so worried about it in the grand scheme of things.  You are going to be so busy enjoying your day that I hope you wouldn't just focus on the negative stuff.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:54f8a372-12ad-4d70-bb36-5cd46cad9225">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : What the hell should they be teaching if they are on Spring fucking Break? Should they be standing in the middle of the street with flashcards waiting for some random kid to walk by?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I just got a couple of strange looks at work when I read this and chuckled out loud. Lucky for me, I wasn't on a call  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, black tie is pretty involved. It requires much more than just the outfits.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:5dbbe071-8e12-42b9-870e-d5daad8a076c">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, black tie is pretty involved. It requires much more than just the outfits.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

True, I just meant that it would be the only way to really "control"(yuck) what people are going to wear. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards