April 2013 Weddings

Throat Punch Thursday

Ugh!

TP traffic again.  3 major accidents this week on the way to work.  Freeways closed and all.  Average time to drive to work this week (20 miles) - 2 hours.

TP My lovely stepmom.  I love her but she is pissing me off telling me that we need to make the appointments for my Dad to get a tux, and FI has to invite him cleverly or he won't go, and she doesn't want him to get worked up and stressed out over the process blah blah blah.  WTF?  He is a human being, capable of renting a tux.  As a matter of fact, he is looking forward to it and is not stressed at all.  That's my Dad, my best friend in the world, give him a little damn credit.  He has anxiety (like I do).  He is not bedridden and afraid of the world, he just gets a little nervous sometimes.  This should not be one of those times.  He had brain surgery 10 years ago and that amplified his anxiety, but it has been tons better for at least a year now.  Give him a break!  He knows he needs something nice to wear!

TP Exercise again.  I started up this week again and guess what?  About a half a pound gain each day.  Working out makes me gain weight and it is utter BS because I am still eating well.  What the F ever.  I guess I'll just keep doing it this time because I am bound to get more toned from it.

TP the a$$holes in the breakroom that were in my way engaing in lovely conversation while I said "excuse me please" about 4 times to get by them only to have them barely move a coule inches and not say a word.  On the way out I *accidentally* bumped right into one of them.  Sorry!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Throat Punch Thursday

• My throat punches for today deal with folks RSVPing, or not.

TP to the folks who can't figure out how to fill out a line on an RSVP card, check a box, and drop the pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelope in the mail. Seriously? Don't make me call you!

TP to the folks who decided to hand us their RSVPs instead of sending it because it "saves us a stamp". No, it does NOT save us a stamp. It wastes a stamp. Do you think I'm honestly going to cut the unused stamp off the envelope and tape it to another one? Really?
  • TP my FSIL for not wanting to come to my bridal shower. If she does show up I know it will be begrudgingly. Way to form a nice relationship!

TP to stupid coworkers. Certain ones just irk me all the time.

And TP to myself.. on eating bad, as always. I am my own worst enemy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    TP to the 30 people who haven't RSVP! Today is our due date for them and most of FIs family hasn't RSVPed. I know it's early, but it's a DW wedding. Everyone knows they aren't coming to Mexico and apparently don't care enough to simply tell us.

TP to the tanning bed. I'm freaking burnt today and it hurts. Lol.

Anniversary
  • TP to the idea of sequestration.  It doesn't directly hit FI and I but it DOES hit all the civilians we work with who are now super stressed and looking for jobs elsewhere.  Ughhhh.

TP to FI for flipping out on me for something stupid last night.  He went fishing yesterday and caught and released a bunch of fish, which is a great day for him.  He then came home and talked to his dad who got him all freaked out about us buying a house given the current economic climate.  He also talked to one of his groomsmen and he's getting back together with his cheating wife for the five millionth time.  Poor FI is pretty disappointed about this because he really thought she was gone for good this time.  Anyways, he decided to take it out on me.

TP to having to save up a lot of money in a little time.  We were prequalified yesterday for a house and started looking over how much money we'll have after the wedding and how much money we need for closing costs, settlement costs, etc and it's going to be really tight.  I'm not even sure we're going to be able to make it happen.  Sigh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96b07f01-bfd6-4844-949f-2125a534fab5Post:8442f387-90ba-4dee-b1e4-705695ad3faf">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]TP to the idea of sequestration.  It doesn't directly hit FI and I but it DOES hit all the civilians we work with who are now super stressed and looking for jobs elsewhere.  Ughhhh. TP to FI for flipping out on me for something stupid last night.  He went fishing yesterday and caught and released a bunch of fish, which is a great day for him.  He then came home and talked to his dad who got him all freaked out about us buying a house given the current economic climate.  He also talked to one of his groomsmen and he's getting back together with his cheating wife for the five millionth time.  Poor FI is pretty disappointed about this because he really thought she was gone for good this time.  Anyways, he decided to take it out on me. TP to having to save up a lot of money in a little time.  We were prequalified yesterday for a house and started looking over how much money we'll have after the wedding and how much money we need for closing costs, settlement costs, etc and it's going to be really tight.  I'm not even sure we're going to be able to make it happen.  Sigh.
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

If you do put an offer in on a house I would ask for the seller to pay closing costs. My FI thought they only did that on TV, but our realtor said people do it all the time. We ended up going like 3k over asking price, but the seller agreed to pay the closing costs. We said we don't have a lot of expendable cash because we are saving for the wedding - so it worked out good for us.

When we were pre-qualified they quoted us at over $250k... hellll no! My financial guy said figure out what you can afford and then pick your price range. For every $1000 on a house you will pay roughly $5 for your mortgage ($100k house = $500 mortgage, etc). I hope this helps you out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96b07f01-bfd6-4844-949f-2125a534fab5Post:5287c1cd-ef87-409d-adf6-7d9817ad86ea">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throat Punch Thursday : If you do put an offer in on a house I would ask for the seller to pay closing costs. My FI thought they only did that on TV, but our realtor said people do it all the time. We ended up going like 3k over asking price, but the seller agreed to pay the closing costs. We said we don't have a lot of expendable cash because we are saving for the wedding - so it worked out good for us. When we were pre-qualified they quoted us at over $250k... hellll no! My financial guy said figure out what you can afford and then pick your price range. For every $1000 on a house you will pay roughly $5 for your mortgage ($100k house = $500 mortgage, etc). I hope this helps you out!
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

We asked them to prequal us for $150K.  We knew they would over quote that, probably closer to $200K just on his income alone and we want to keep our mortgage under $1,000/month until I get back into a full time job after grad school.  We will probably try to get the seller to pay closing costs but I'm a little more concerned about "settlement costs" b/c I've never heard of them and they're about 3X the closing costs lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96b07f01-bfd6-4844-949f-2125a534fab5Post:bd21fdb7-0fa8-457d-b38d-3cf54f317dcd">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throat Punch Thursday : We asked them to prequal us for $150K.  We knew they would over quote that, probably closer to $200K just on his income alone and we want to keep our mortgage under $1,000/month until I get back into a full time job after grad school.  We will probably try to get the seller to pay closing costs but I'm a little more concerned about "settlement costs" b/c I've never heard of them and they're about 3X the closing costs lol.
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

What exactly are the settlement costs for? I have never heard of them either!
  • Yay throat punch day!

TP work for running out of work for us..again. Higher up needs to give us more numbers to verify providers but won't until April/May. So we constantly run out of work to do and we constantly piss people off by calling all the time. *sigh*

TP to everyone who hasn't sent back their RSVP yet or contacted me about it.

TP my annoying coworker who has an opinion about EVERYTHING and butts in in conversations they are not a part of.

I think that's it for now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96b07f01-bfd6-4844-949f-2125a534fab5Post:85e1478b-d66b-4bf5-8616-3567daf4d544">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throat Punch Thursday : What exactly are the settlement costs for? I have never heard of them either!
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

<div>Closing costs ARE settlement costs. They are charing you twice for the same thing. I would ask them to remove one of them (preferrably the larger one!), and if they refuse, politely say "Thanks but no thanks."</div>
  • TP all the people who have not RSVPd yet! Still waiting for 64 people with a due date of March 8!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96b07f01-bfd6-4844-949f-2125a534fab5Post:235470ce-e753-464a-ae9a-a9dd3303777d">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throat Punch Thursday : Closing costs ARE settlement costs. They are charing you twice for the same thing. I would ask them to remove one of them (preferrably the larger one!), and if they refuse, politely say "Thanks but no thanks."
    Posted by von1976[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe they're high b/c my bank has the lowest interest rate I've seen so far.  My mom's a realtor so I will be sure to pass all of this by her before we sign anything.  We haven't even started looking at houses yet and won't be able to start until after the honeymoon.</div>
  • TP everyone who hasn't rsvped. Yes, they have a while but still. When it's VIPs, we know you're coming, you know you're coming, just get my thing in the mail.

TP my chin for being simultaneously weirdly oily and dry in random patches. Stop it.

TP FI for STILL not sending out RD invites. He said he will this weekend but he SERIOUSLY needs to get on it.

TP the woman who just did my nails and DESTROYED two of my cuticles. Then, as I'm trying to stop the bleeding, she says "you have sensitive hands." No, woman, you went at my fingers like you were trying to tear them off!

TP taxes for not just magically being done. I hate them. A lot.
  • In Response to Re:Throat Punch Thursday:[QUOTE]TP to the idea of sequestration.nbsp; It doesn't directly hit FI and I but it DOES hit all the civilians we work with who are now super stressed and looking for jobs elsewhere.nbsp; Ughhhh.TP to FI for flipping out on me for something stupid last night.nbsp; He went fishing yesterday and caught and released a bunch of fish, which is a great day for him.nbsp; He then came home and talked to his dad who got him all freaked out about us buying a house given the current economic climate.nbsp; He also talked to one of his groomsmen and he's getting back together with his cheating wife for the five millionth time.nbsp; Poor FI is pretty disappointed about this because he really thought she was gone for good this time.nbsp; Anyways, he decided to take it out on me.TP to having to save up a lot of money in a little time.nbsp; We were prequalified yesterday for a house and started looking over how much money we'll have after the wedding and how much money we need for closing costs, settlement costs, etc and it's going to be really tight.nbsp; I'm not even sure we're going to be able to make it happen.nbsp; Sigh. Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

My FI is being furloughed one day a pay period for 5 to 11 weeks, they haven't decided yet. We're gonna lose a couple hundred a month starting in April. Joy. Screw our government.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TP to the non rsvpers....... You are out of state.... I need to send you a RD invite if you are coming..... Deadline is the 10th and we still have 30 out. TP to the girl I knew I'm college that unfriended me for not cherishing our history enough to invite her to our wedding (she emailed me) even tho we haven't spoken in 6 years. SERIOUSLY??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards