Ohio-Northeast

reception sites in lake county area?

HELP! so i'm trying to plan my own wedding basically by myself and i have NO CLUE where to start. so i was trying to find reception places but most seem to be extremely expensive and honestly i don't know what the average price for these places would even be! but i was looking for about 100 guests within about 20 miles of mentor area. all help would be appreciated thanks!

Re: reception sites in lake county area?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Orchard Hills party center in Chesterland (Patterson Farm's hall) might be worth checking? It's BYOB and BYOC, if you wanted to go that route. Maybe the Taborville DTJ hall in Auburn Twp? Concord Township Community Center? I'm just tossing these out there. I know they're east, but not sure offhand how far from Mentor. (I'm more familiar with the west side.)

There's also the Lodge at Geneva. Also, the City of Mentor has a few rental facilities, including Wildwood Cultural Center (an indoor/outdoor type of space, I think). Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland is beautiful and the food is very good. I attended a wedding there a few years ago.

Good luck! BTW, I'd say anywhere between $30-45/pp is about average pricing, but I don't know pricing offhand for the specific places I've listed above.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • allykev22allykev22 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    The Patrician is nice and is the cheapest out of all the places I looked into. (Per person, not including alcohol, there are a few different levels for that) And their food is great (my friend had her reception there.)

We are going with LaVera, which is in Willoughby. They were a few dollars more than Patrician, but it's much prettier inside and out than The Patrician, in my opinion. Also, LaVera doesn't include alcohol, you supply your own so that will actually save us money inthe long run. We are getting married on a Friday, most places offer discounts for Friday's so you might want to look into that. Our price is $41/person for family style, and includes a dessert table and cake. They also have uplighting there you can use.

the only downside for me is that there is a minimum of 100 people, which we probably won't have. But they'll still make dinners for 100, and whatever is left we get to take home. Patrician doesn't have a minimum number.

Hope that helps!
  • thanks everyone you're all so helpful! i guess i better get my but into gear and start looking at places. thanks again!
  • I love that people are suggesting The Patrician! I went there to look for our ceremony and reception and it was GORGEOUS! And yes probably the cheapest! I also like LaVera it's also gorgeous inside. What about Casa Di' Borally's in Willoughby Hills? I know that you have to bring in your own booze, but they were incredible when my best friend got married there on a Friday night.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Not sure why I forgot this in my last post....

A close friend of ours is having their wedding at Pattern Farm's in Chesterlaster at the end of the month. I'll have to let you know how gorgeous it turns out. 

Our wedding and ceremony will be held at LaMalfa...which is a bit pricey but totally worth it!! Good luck planning.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_reception-sites-in-lake-county-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:111Discussion:b25a113e-e2bf-41fc-b6e8-db793eb7ae56Post:0fab88f6-4029-40b7-91e3-293e6999bfc8">reception sites in lake county area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELP! so i'm trying to plan my own wedding basically by myself and i have NO CLUE where to start. so i was trying to find reception places but most seem to be extremely expensive and honestly i don't know what the average price for these places would even be! but i was looking for about 100 guests within about 20 miles of mentor area. all help would be appreciated thanks!
    Posted by missheather199[/QUOTE]

I am having my wedding in mentor in september of this year and pretty much visited every place in the mentor area. I decided on capellis in mentor on 306. Great deal and I loved the place the best. patrician I did really like too it was the location of it that scared me tho but they do include a lot for their price. if you look into capellis make sure to email them first. if you do they will email you back a voucher to include a wedding cake in their price made my a local baker. they are also connected to a hotel which is being renovated into a holiday inn with a billys martini bar opened till 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards