Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you cards

Do I have to send each guest that attends my wedding a thank you card? One of my bridesmaids (who is also my aunt & has been driving me crazy during all of the wedding planning) said something about it. I thought that's what the favors were for?

Re: Thank you cards

• I think just for presents....
    i'm wrestling now with what stationery to use pre-wedding - i'm having new stationery made (bc i'm all out) and don't know if we should just use our first names on it, like Jane & John, or use his last initial....
  • misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    That's what the whole reception is for. You don't even need favors. But to answer your question, no, you don't need to send thank yous to everyone who attends. Just those who brought a gift. It can actually come across as pointing out that they didn't give you a gift.
  • Thank you cards are for gifts. The whole reception is a thank you to your guests. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks that's what I thought! :)
  • I'd just do it for gifts and for anyone who gave you special, out-of-the-ordinary help.
  • PPs are correct, thank you cards are for gifts.  The reception itself is a thank you for attending the ceremony.

Bayside, you should not use his last name or initial until after the wedding.  Anything prior to the wedding should have your maiden name or no last name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards