California-Los Angeles
Options

NWR: Valentine's Gifts

So V-day is around the corner...2 weeks if I calculate right! So what are you ladies  planning to give FI/DH? I'm stuck! FI's b-day is 5 days before v-day so I wanted to get him a nice gift for both since the wedding is approaching and have to be smart about $$!

Re: NWR: Valentine's Gifts

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the same boat girl! fi's bday is 3 days after...so its really hard especially with the wedding being right before and probably leaving us broke. haha. Maybe a nice romantic dinner at our new place and give him a nice lingerie show hahah TMI! Oh yeah and also get him a nice gift. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL you are too much! That is so funny, but I'm sure it will workWink
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not giving him anything except for a card.  It's gotten to the point that there are too many holidays to give gifts and we're just not imaginative to think of that many gifts in one year :)  We'll probably just order take out (since we both can't stand to go to restaurants on V-day), bring it back to the house, and have a nice intimate dinner.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know Jagore that sounds SOOOO NICE!!!! I've been dying to cook for FI for V-day but NEVER get the chance :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't exchange gifts (only for birthdays and Christmas). We'd prefer a really nice dinner any day! Providence is probably my current favorite LA restaurant. We usually go the day before or after though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last year I gave him a smoker and he now smokes the most amazing meats and fish ever!  It's going to be hard to live up to that, though.  He really wants a bass guitar or a theremin but I am spending a ton of money on wedding crap (hair, makeup, gifts for the wedding party) not to mention the upkeep (jenny craig, monthly facials, bi-weekly mani/pedi) so that I can be radiant for the wedding.

I think this year he's gonna get a massage from one of those $50 for 60 minute places.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For V-Day this year he's planned a big day full of "surprises" for me, but since he just got a new job, I thought I'd get him a few things for his new office...a picture of us two, a mini-dictionary and thesaurus (he writes medical white papers), a cool desktop organizer....

Last year, he made dinner and I made dessert (red velvet mini cakes shaped like hearts - we're super cheeseball, hehe)

What about "doing" something for him, like organizing the photos he keeps in a box under his bed, catagorizing his itunes library via genre...you know, stuff we always would like to do but don't get the chance to?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's bday is the 3rd..too close to Vday if you ask me. haha and we are supposed to have a BBQ for our wedding party to get to know eachother [some of the bparty is from up north] in Feb also so I can't spend too much.  I want to get him a Lakers Jersey for his bday but then I don't know what to get for Vday..ughh....I know we are supposed to go to the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Dland during the week before because we don't want to go when it's too crowded.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait for Valentine's weekend!  DH has booked us a suite at the Westlake Inn, where we got married last summer.  

I'm still figuring out what his gift will be, but I know that sometime that week I also want to cook him a nice meal to serve on our wedding china.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards