North Carolina-Outer Banks

florist?

I want to carry gerbera daisies alone for my bouquet or something similar.  My wedding is very casual and I can't imagine spending $200 or more on a bouquet.  My original plan was to order them through teleflora but it doesn't look like they deliver to Duck.  Does anyone know a florist or store near Duck that I can pop in and buy flowers the day of or day before?  I would think people need a florist for things other than weddings- like b-days, etc but I am having the hardest time finding anything. 

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: florist?

• edited December 2011
    Several months back a bride posted her wedding reviews and said she had used the Harris Teeter floral department.  Maggi Kennedy is the floral manager there and came highly recommended from this bride.  My interactions with Maggi have been wonderful.  She is at the Kitty Hawk Harris Teeter 252-261-2220 or htfloral@yahoo.com.  She is doing my boquet for $62 and bridesmaids for $40.  Hope this helps.  It is a very budget friendly choice. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Lindsay's post above. Harris Teeter has very nice flowers and I think would be a great option for you.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad I asked!  Thank you both so much.  I will call her!
  • llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about ordering through blooms by the box?  That's who I'm planning on using.  But I haven't actually checked to make sure they deliver to Corolla....  Hmm...
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Dorothy from Bells and Whistles just opened up a DIY store down there.  I was not a fan of hers for our wedding, but that was mainly because of prices she quoted us, etc. and I'm sure most of that would be avoided if you do the walk-in DIY store.  Sounds like Harris Teeter might be a better option (since other girls have used them), but just wanted to throw that out there :)
  • edited December 2011
    I too plan on using Harris Teeter!!!! Does anyone know if they actually put together your arrangements or do you just the flowers in bulk and do yourself?? THANKS
  • edited December 2011
    either way krhoy.... call and talk to Maggi she is REALLY helpful
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of a florist that delivers to Carova Beach? I was referred to Harris Teeter also, by a florist actually... thanks! :)
  • edited December 2011
    jcnanners- That is the same dilema we were having with our wedding on the 4x4 so we may make them ourselves! Where on Carova are you getting married??
  • edited December 2011

Yes, I was thinking that too, but I guess I was hoping!! i will post it if I find anything!!
    And we will be about 7.5 miles in from the entrance to the 4x4 area...what about you?

• edited December 2011

I just noticed you are in Boston too!

• edited December 2011
    I had an email conversation with Maggi and she is awesome!  It sounds like she'll do whatever you want whether is DIY or them making them
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Boston girls, I am from RI!  Lived up in MA for a while though.
  • edited December 2011
    We have not officially picked our house yet...but we may rent two non-event houses (shhh) about 4miles from the entrance! And I am...well MA but not really Boston haha! You will have to keep me posted on everything since you are traveling down there from up here!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Jak! I love that there are other New England brides doing the trek to OBX!
  • conklincconklinc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently met with Maggie for my daughter's June 2012 wedding.  She was absolutely wonderful to work with!  We have purchased several vases, etc. that we will be using at the church; I brought pictures of them to our meeting and Maggie asked if she could keep the pictures of the vases and if I wanted to bring them to her the week before the wedding and she would set up the arrangements.  I was also expecting to put the arrangements together myself, and was very happy when Maggie offered to do them. 
  • edited December 2011
    So exciting that we have so many new England girls... :) Scheff I will for sure keep you posted..   A lot of juggling to be done but it will all be worth it!
  • edited December 2011

We visited Maggi at the HT in Kitty Hawk and started the process. She is very helpful and talented and I think its going to work out great.  We will pick up the flowers- though I havent heard from her since Hurricane Irene, has anyone using her services spoken with her since? 

• I know it has been a while since someone commented on this post but has anyone used Maggi at HT recently?  If so, is it possible to see some pictures?  Thank you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards