Wisconsin
Options

Looking for help in Southern Wisconsin...

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to TheKnot and already obsessed. I'm looking for vendor recommendations as well as ceremony/reception ideas. Our wedding count is at 225 but I figure about 175 will be attending. The biggest issue with location is that my uncle and my soon to be mother in law are both caterers so they plan on doing the menu (major cost help), most places in Southern Wisconsin do NOT allow outside caterers to come in and use the facilites. So far I have been set on the Horticultural Hall in Lake Geneva but I am afraid its not going to be large enough and will end up looking like a lunch room in order to accomidate everyone and there wont be much of a dance floor. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will NOT be looking any where near Milwaukee or Madison area. I would prefer near the IL/WI border if possible as that is where 75% of the guests live.

Re: Looking for help in Southern Wisconsin...

• Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Kemper/Anderson Arts Center in Kenosha.  Also Dekoven in Racine (Might not be big enough) and the Racine Civic Center (huge and you have to bring in your own caterer).

Good luck! 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    abwessendorfabwessendorf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Shore Pavilion!  They are fantastic.  I am planning my wedding there right now.  They allow any caterers although their kitchen is a little small so your uncle and stb mother-in-law will probably need to do most of the work in their own kitchens.  They also have their own alcohol license so you can bring your own alcohol as long as you get some bartenders!  I hope this helps!  If you need contact information, let me know!
  • Options
    abwessendorfabwessendorf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I should say - the location is in Milwaukee, WI so it may be a little North for what you are looking for.  But it is right on the lake and beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kemper Center in Kenosha does not allow you to have your own caterer, you have to select on of their 5.  DeKoven Center and Racine Masonic Hall do let you bring in own caterers.  Dekoven has max of 200, Masonic Center 200 and 300 if you rent the additional side room (which opens up to ballroom with many wide doors).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards