Snarky Brides
Options

AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)

So dress shopping was a ton of fun and mom only made me cry once (blegh to mothers).  These are my main contenders because I am a big AW. ("Whatever.  I do what I want." AATB)

This was my first choice. Here are the Demetrios stock photos.

Obviously, I'm not as pretty as the model, but here's the dress on me. Unfortunately,  I have huge knockers, so it will fit better once I have the right size on top :P

This is the asymetrical skirt up close.  It has a gorgeous ruffled train as well.

And the other main choice from David's Bridal (I think it's a Galina).

and with veil:

Re: AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)

• Options
    I like the 2nd one. The first one is nice, but its too complicated for my taste. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I like the 1st one better. I like the interesting shape of the skirt with all the ruffles.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wr-main-contenders-heavy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ba045a4e-e9ce-4440-827f-22e08e772463Post:55016bc5-7d31-4965-ba02-1ecbd6d58c2f">Re: AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the 2nd one. The first one is nice, but its too complicated for my taste. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this, but that is my personal taste talking, I'm not a ruffles girl.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree with Sarah. You look lovely in both, but I like the second on you better.
  • Options
    Except that the first one makes your torso longer, which is very flattering. The 2nd's skirt starts right under your boobs, which is not as flattering. 

Take the top of #1 with the bottom of #2 and you've got a winner in my book. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I like the 2nd one better, I dont feel that the 1st is overly flattering, I cant pinpoint what but its too floofy.
  • Options

They are both great dress. I prefer the second one.

• Options
    I like the second one, because it was MY dress Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wr-main-contenders-heavy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ba045a4e-e9ce-4440-827f-22e08e772463Post:53c02124-d9d0-4558-854c-d6cf8169c8f3">AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So dress shopping was a ton of fun and mom only made me cry once (blegh to mothers).  These are my main contenders because I am a big AW. ("Whatever.  I do what I want." AATB) This was my first choice. Here are the Demetrios stock photos. <strong>Obviously, I'm not as pretty as the model, but here's the dress on me.</strong> Unfortunately,  I have huge knockers, so it will fit better once I have the right size on top :P This is the asymetrical skirt up close.  It has a gorgeous ruffled train as well. And the other main choice from David's Bridal (I think it's a Galina). and with veil:
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Umm? Excuse me? You're gorgeous!

I like that the first one is different, The second makes your torso look a little short, if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Mmm, the more I look at the first one the more I like it. Damnit, you've passed on your indecision.
  • Options
    How many did you end up trying on?
  • Options
    This is not to say I dont think you look great, I just think you look stunning in the 2nd one.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys!  I hate pictures of myself because I make the weirdest faces in pictures :P.  I am not photogenic at all.

I guess I'll just have to think about everything for a few weeks and then order.  I have no idea how I'll choose--I like them both for different reasons.  How did you choose?  I felt a "This is the one!" moment with both. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wr-main-contenders-heavy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ba045a4e-e9ce-4440-827f-22e08e772463Post:46f97776-de4e-4aae-a99f-b55899c3d5ff">Re: AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys!  I hate pictures of myself because I make the weirdest faces in pictures :P.  I am not photogenic at all. I guess I'll just have to think about everything for a few weeks and then order.  I have no idea how I'll choose--I like them both for different reasons.  How did you choose?  I felt a "This is the one!" moment with both. 
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Can you try them both on again? Maybe they could get a bigger size in the first one?
  • Options
    I like them both.  I feel like I prefer the second one, but that may be personal bias because #1 is not at all my personal style.  I do also think that #1 attracts a lot of attention to your bust, which may be a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about it.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wr-main-contenders-heavy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ba045a4e-e9ce-4440-827f-22e08e772463Post:61877d57-ecc1-47ed-8aa8-b84d520ca23d">Re: AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is not to say I dont think you look great, I just think you look stunning in the 2nd one.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    You're sweet :).  And I got what you meant.

Altogether, I think I tried somewhere around 15 or so.  I knew what basic style I was looking for (strapless, full skirt, etc), so that narrowed it down.  The salespeople in both stores were cracking up because I'd say "This is hideous, get it off" if I hated something.  I don't mince words when self-critiquing.
  • Options
    I really like both dresses for different reasons, but I think you look awesome in the 2nd one.  : )
  • Options
    I like both! I'd have to choose 2 if I had to choose, but I'm really glad I don't have to choose. :)
  • Options
    Ok I've gone back and forth several times now and I have to agree I like the second one best. The first just has too much going on, and takes away from you. KWIM?
  • Options
    I like them both!  I like the style of the 1st one, but I think the 2nd one is nicer on you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wr-main-contenders-heavy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ba045a4e-e9ce-4440-827f-22e08e772463Post:a7b5f403-4c0c-4264-b620-ee392ca0c61f">Re: AW and WR: Main Contenders (Heavy PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You of course look beautiful in them both. I hope you had a fun experience! As a large-up-top woman myself, I am drawn more to the 2nd one- For me, the 1st one has a lot going on across your chest, and I feel like it would make me feel like my already largest part, is even larger. I'm also not a fan of the poofy overlay on the skirt, unless it was just sitting funny. Again, it just doesn't look quite right to me. I think I would like it better if the overlay was cut so that its diagonal was opposite that of the ruffles. I love the 2nd dress- it accentuates all of the right places on you, and looks absolutely gorgeous. But of course, it's ultimately your choice :)
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

This is everything I was thinking, too.  Thanks for saving me the trouble of writing it.  ;)
  • Options
    They are both gorgeous, but I think I like #2 a little better. You look incredible!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also, I feel like I'm totally doin it wrong. Because you're still over a year out and have pretty much found a dress. I, on the other hand, have 10 months and still haven't even been dress shopping. Ugh.
  • Options
    Ok, you have a tough decision.  Both dresses are beautiful.  I'm heavy up top, and Im leaning towards dress #2. 

BTW, you look better than the model. I can see it on a hanger at the store.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love them both for different reasons!  The first one is more unique and great for a full of life personality.. while the second is very elegant and looks great from every angle.  I like the traditionally of second dress and it would fit my personality well.

But this is YOU we are talking about.. so just decide which fits your personality better and go with it.  I took a risk with my dress and it paid off big time (I felt like ME in it!!).. so definitely don't be afraid to pick the one you are leaning towards.  If the first one is calling out to you.. definitely go for it.. you will not regret it!

PS... I completely understand how hard it is to picture a dress in a different color than the one you see in front of you.  My sister lucked out and had the BM dress sample in the green she selected.. but my dress sample was black and I ordered purple.  It was so nerve racking waiting for it to come in and see the final look.  But you also just have to have a little faith that it will work out.
  • Options
    That's great advice, Saxy! 

AATB, I knew you could commiserate :P.  When the saleswoman pulled it back, the ruffles looked much flatter, but of course I don't have a picture of that.  Hmmph.  The pics I have, it's buckling out, so I look even more chesty than normal, if that's possible, hehe.
  • Options
    Bahahaha.

In the end I had two chices too - the one I didn't pick was an insanely hot mermaid dress.  But in the end, the other one won out.  I could barely walk in it, lol - and since it was corset back I think peeing would have been a nightmare.

You can't make a bad choice here though.
    panther
  • Options
    Nates - I totally know the feeling!  I LOVED dress shopping and I probably could have shopped forever, lol.  There weren't many dresses I didn't feel pretty in.  Clothes shopping blows.
    panther
  • Options
    Your boobs are as big as my face! (I want boobs!)

And I really like the first one. :D
  • Options

I had it narrowed down to two, too.  (I used three homonyms in a row, go me!)  One was a discontinued Maggie Sottero that I could have had for a steal.  I can't find it online, but it was a strapless A-line with a corset back and enormous train.  It had a very princessy feel.  The other was the one I eventually bought (PIB), which seemed more old Hollywood and less Disney Princess to me.

I really really really liked them both.  I couldn't stop petting the princess dress.  But the other one actually brought tears to my BM's eyes. 

I'm horribly indecisive, so my BM's took me to a nearby pub and we had ... a few.  />.>  Then I texted FI:  "Given the choice, would you rather be Prince Charming or Cary Grant?"  He responded: "Prince Charming."  When I realized I was disappointed by his choice, I chose the opposite dress -- and it's a good thing I did, too, because he later explained that the only reason he chose Prince Charming was because he thought it meant he could wear a cape.  *facepalm*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards