June 2012 Weddings

First Registy Item Bought!!

EEEEEK! I wasn't even checking it, I just went in to change the address since we're moving in a few weeks and my first item was bought.

And what was it do you ask?

MY KITCHENAID MIXER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg this was my favorite item on the whole thing and it's already bought! I'm so excited!!!

Re: First Registy Item Bought!!

• EEEEK!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that's so exciting!! congrats
  • Amazing. I think my mom and aunt are splitting the cost of mine since I regiestered for the professional one- I am a pastry chef so I am upgrading my artisan. :)

Our first item was bought too- we got our silverware and someone else is buying us a cake cutting and sreving set to match the silverware. I am pretty excited about that. :)

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's great! :) I still only have off what FI and I received for Christmas. :-p
  • That's so exciting!  I've been trying to stay away and not look and so far so good :)
  • That's exciting!
  • That's exciting!  I LOVE my Kitchenaid stand mixer, FI got it for me for Christmas a few years ago and I end up using it almost every time I bake.  Congrats!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:35305c76-561f-436d-bcce-34d84b9a65c2">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amazing. I think my mom and aunt are splitting the cost of mine since <strong>I regiestered for the professional one- I am a pastry chef so I am upgrading my artisan.</strong> :) Our first item was bought too- we got our silverware and someone else is buying us a cake cutting and sreving set to match the silverware. I am pretty excited about that. :)
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

I am definately not a pastry chef..... but I got the the big one..... maybe I didnt need that one?
  • That's very exciting!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:65390dcb-f2f1-4f6a-aa92-29cb30bbcd11">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Registy Item Bought!! : I am definately not a pastry chef..... but I got the the big one..... maybe I didnt need that one?
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

If you want it, get it. It's the better mixer overall.
    Not that the artisan isn't a good mixer, because it is. But it just doesn't handle dough as well as the 600 series.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:256f8e6c-ec03-4b9d-a55a-faa457a0a393">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Registy Item Bought!! : If you want it, get it. It's the better mixer overall. Not that the artisan isn't a good mixer, because it is. But it just doesn't handle dough as well as the 600 series.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

ok :)
  • Omg yay I'm so happy for you!!!! It comes with a recipe book. I recommend the honey oat bread. So amazing. And I always add like 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract to my cookies. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:daaf4d6f-aecd-4395-bf86-27fcde274583">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great! :) I still only have off what FI and I received for Christmas. :-p
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

same here. 2 items were bought before Christmas that I figured we would get but no one gave them to us for Christmas so I don't know who got those for us....
  • BEST. PRESENT. EVER.

FI got me one for Christmas a couple of years ago. I use it ALL of the time. I saw a trick on Pinterest as well that the paddle attachment it comes with shreds chicken perfectly and I can't even tell you how PERFECT it really does come out! I do it all of the time now! lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's so fun! Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:42bf4a30-98f4-4f49-8f80-db807d30f03f">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BEST. PRESENT. EVER. FI got me one for Christmas a couple of years ago. I use it ALL of the time. I saw a trick on Pinterest as well that <strong>the paddle attachment it comes with shreds chicken perfectly</strong> and I can't even tell you how PERFECT it really does come out! I do it all of the time now! lol
    Posted by myfeverplays[/QUOTE]

I am TOTALLY going to have to try this!  I HATE shredding chicken by hand for my recipes.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-registy-item-bought?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ddf27dd9-6254-436d-8e20-7c3e83290e73Post:b336c5c4-4cc5-4807-a444-600751a65691">Re: First Registy Item Bought!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Registy Item Bought!! : I am TOTALLY going to have to try this!  I HATE shredding chicken by hand for my recipes.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

I hated it too!! I make a hot wing dip that everyone LOVES and I used to never make it because I dreaded shredding chicken. You just set it on the highest setting and let it go to town on your hot chicken breasts for 20-30 seconds and it comes out perfectly! Just cover the sides of the bowl with tin foil or plastic wrap otherwise you will have chicken flying out... I learned the hard way, lol :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Exciting!! FI has one that he never used before he met me, and he says he's glad it's getting some use :) I LOVE baking and in the past in my old apartments I had to make do with a whisk or a spoon. The stand mixer makes it soooo much easier!

Also, I'll have to try that shredded chicken trick! I don't mind shredding by hand so I don't know if I'll feel it's worth getting the mixer out for, but it sounds like a great idea!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • That's exciting!!
  • So exciting! That's the item I want the most as well :)
    I'm gonna try not to look at our registries but it's hard since we're not 100% done yet.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards