Moms and Maids

HELP!... Flower girl dresses... what do you think?

HI there!
is anyone planning to have flower girls at her wedding?
I 'm thinking of having three little girls and I just found a website I like very much: www.littleeglantine.com

I am considering this dress, called Diane:

http://www.littleeglantine.com/mto_flowergirl_dress_diane.html

and this one, called Gallia:

http://www.littleeglantine.com/mto_flowergirl_dress_gallia.html

which one do you like most?

thanks for your help!!

xxx

Re: HELP!... Flower girl dresses... what do you think?

• Please correct me if I am wrong but I just googled the price conversion in those dresses and they run around 300? That seems like an outrageous price for a flower girl dress especially If you are not the one paying for them.
  • We are having one flower girl and are paying for the dress.  I am doing my best to find something that is nice looking, but not over the top "bridal".  I am also focusing on dresses that can be machine washed, so she can wear it again as a normal dress and possibly pass it on to her little sister.  There are some really fancy looking dresses for little girls that fit that criteria and still won't look odd with my formal lace gown and FI's Tux.  Just a thought!
  • I'm with SJM; those are ridicuously expensive dresses for one-time wear.  If you are buying the dresses yourself and don't mind spending over $300 on a dress, that's great, but if you are looking for the parents of the flower girls to buy the dress, you need to talk with them about their budget. 

DH and I bought our flower girl their dresses.  We asked their parents for a size (and to provide tights and footwear). Since your wedding isn't until October, I'd wait until the Easter/First Communion dresses come out and look then before making a final decision.  Stores like Kohls, JC Penney's, even TJ Maxx, might have similar style.
    Anniversary

• Can you come back and let us know if you are the one buying the dresses?  They are incredibly, and ridiculously overpriced and no parent should be expected to pay that much for a dress.  You are going to keep getting this kind of statement over and over because we dont' know if you are expecting people to spend that kind of money for a small child to be in your wedding.

Help us out - who are you expecting to buy this dress for these 3 girls?
  • Cute dresses, but way too expensive. I would check out department stores. Easter dresses should be available soon, if not already. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited February 2013
    Unless you're paying for the dresses, you should ask the parents what their budgets are. I agree with the others, it's ridiculous to spend $300 on flower girl dresses. Try your local department stores or David's Bridal outlet. Wait until the end of summer to buy kid's clothes for an October wedding.

• I would check out David's bridal and "light in the box." They have really cute and reasonably priced flower girl dresses that don't neccesarily look "bridal."
  • Just a warning: light in the box is a notorious knock-off site with awful reviews.

Those are cute, but very expensive. I'd imagine you could find something similar at the after-Easter sales.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_flower-girl-dresses-what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:af9b786d-75da-4ab2-a580-27f2b340f339Post:bd796757-f7e8-4a8b-b5e8-fb32899efd19">Re: HELP!... Flower girl dresses... what do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would check out David's bridal and "light in the box." They have really cute and reasonably priced flower girl dresses that don't neccesarily look "bridal."
    Posted by kamaral[/QUOTE]

Have you ordered anything from Light in the Box? If you have, I'd love to hear about it.
    Check out the stickie from the 'Attire and Accessories' board:

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_read-this-first-faq-for-attire-and-accessories">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_read-this-first-faq-for-attire-and-accessories</a>

• I really like the retro look of dress #2 but not for $300.

Try department stores.
  • Currently looking at flower girl dresses myself.  Both of them are cute.  How old is the child? The top one is really really cute for a younger girl.  The second one to me is a little more casua,l so it really depends how formal you want your wedding.

and no, I don't think 300 is too much for a flower girl dress.  
  • steffymimisteffymimi member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Hi girls,

sorry I have been away... Thanks for all your answers... I am planning to pay for the dresses. As we are the one to marry and to choose the style we want for our wedding, I don't want to impose anything on the parents.
    I thought I would order the dresses 3 months before the wedding, so that children don't grow up too fast until the wedding...
    My flowergirls will be 2, 3 and 5 years old.
    And... we hope to marry only once in a lifetime! Tongue Out
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_flower-girl-dresses-what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:af9b786d-75da-4ab2-a580-27f2b340f339Post:03cade27-9ab6-4ce6-90e6-8e033a3ecec3">Re: HELP!... Flower girl dresses... what do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Currently looking at flower girl dresses myself.  Both of them are cute.  How old is the child? The top one is really really cute for a younger girl.  The second one to me is a little more casua,l so it really depends how formal you want your wedding. and no, I don't think 300 is too much for a flower girl dress.  
    Posted by AlexisGoldner[/QUOTE]

Hi Alexis,

thanks for your advice! much appreciated! I want our wedding to look elegant but not too conventionnal... I think I'll follow your advice and go for the first dress... it should be really cute on flower girls age 2, 3 and 5...
  • you can get vintage dresses for less than that if you look on etsy....and they're vintage rather than retro look....so in myopinion that makes them awesomer.  :D
    But yeah, if whoever is footing the bill says $300 is a great price, i guess go for it.  "expensive" is in the eye of the beholder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards