Flowers

flowers clashing with my dress?

So, maybe I'm being completely paranoid, but I just bought my dress yesterday (eeeee!!!!) and it has a champagne underlayer and then ivory lace on top.  The champagne helps bring out the lace.  But now, I'm starting to rethink colors for flowers.  Would white and yellow flowers clash against a champagne/ivory dress?  If it was just ivory it'd be one thing, but will the champagne make it too dark.  The room had horrible lighting so I can't really tell with pictures.  Thoughts?

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: flowers clashing with my dress?

• flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    try putting a champaigne colored rose  with your dress. A variety called sahara has just a blush of pale pink in the center and really is beautiful with ivory dresses.I  don't like bright yellow with ivory but certainly a soft buttery color when mixed with creams white and beige tones can work well.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If it was white and a really bright yellow, it might clash a little, but not necessarily.  Can you make a mock up of the yellow and white flowers, and see how they look up against the dress? 

If you don't like the way it looks, you might could tone it down to an ivory and softer yellow/gold.

What other colors are you thinking of for the BM dresses and WP flowers?

• twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do knee length navy blue dresses with white, yellow, and soft pink flowers, and give it kind of a just picked/wildflower look.  I think it's going to work out just fine!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards