Massachusetts-Boston

Engraving wedding bands

What did you guys write?  We're trying to decide.  Initials?  Wedding date?  A saying? 

Just looking for some ideas!

Re: Engraving wedding bands

• edited December 2011
    we did wedding date...not too creative, sorry :)
  • edited December 2011

We were planning on writing our wedding date and "I DO" but then DH was being silly one night and said..
    "I'll write, 'we go together like...' and you should write 'shama wama wama'

We both nearly fell over laughing..after we settled down we decided that we want to have many laughable moments in our marriage, so...

I now have shama wama wama on my wedding band :)

• thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding band is a wintage one that already has an engraving in it.  We're getting a new one for my FI and I'm thinking of putting "toujours" in it.  That means "always" in both French and Portuguese.  He's half French Canadian and half Portuguese so I think it is apropos.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Shamrk - that's awesome!!

We're the same - just did the wedding date on his (mine is too teeny to engrave - sad).  I have a friend though who had a lot of room on both, and they wrote, 

IF YOU CAN READ THIS, PUT ME BACK ON!!!

:)
  • edited December 2011
    We engraved our intitials and wedding date in DH's.  I"m wearing my mother's original ring so it's already engraved with her and my dad's initials and date :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to convince FH that we should get ours engraved with RAWR! (because it's dinosaur for I love you, obviously!) but he's not at all convinced. even though it's kind of been our thing since we got together (text messages and emails end with rawr not kisses).
    Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  • edited December 2011
    umm sorry this is totally unrelated, but Llama....first of all, "RAWR!" is awesome and second of all, the llama song is like my favorite thing ever!!!!

for anyone who doesn't know what i'm talking about...

teehee!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards