New York-Long Island

Looking for reception hall feedback!

Looking for some recommendations for halls for 100 guests or less... preferably in Suffolk County, but East Nassau is fine too. Looking to have the ceremony at the hall as well, so would love to hear experiences/good/bad places. Wanted to get some feedback on the following: Lands End, Bourne Mansion, Bellport Country Club, Captain Bills, Milleridge Cottage..... any other ideas are welcome! Thanks :-)

Re: Looking for reception hall feedback!

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    bourne: have been to 2 weddings there. one was AWFUL and one was great.
    milleridge cottage-have been to a few events over the years and no complaints.
    have you looked into the vanderbilt mansion in centerport? it's right down the street from milleridge.

• chrisnippychrisnippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No..but it's a great idea. Thanks for the feedback :-)
  • edited December 2011
    You should look into Sparkling Pointe, Hotel Indigo East End, and Martha Clara Vineyards. All AMAZING venues.
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married at Bellport CC in January.  It is beautiful there, the people are not pushy and they only do one wedding at a time there.  I wouldn't consider it the most expensive but it is definitely average (which for me being 23 y.o. is still expensive) for the cost of an average american wedding.  Myself and my FI are so excited to get married there.  The ceremony is 30 mins and cost an extra 400$ on premises.  We are having a cocktail style reception=cocktail hour then a type of buffet style dinner throughout the night with passed hors d'oervs. from all the reviews i've read about BPCC, i know our wedding is going to be amazing.  go to a bridal showcase and taste some of the food! its delicious :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    if your looking to get married this november i have a saturday night available at Giorgios, in my opinion it was my favorite place. Unfortunately we had to cancel the date and will loose money if no one rebooks it. So if your interested please take a look there! Good luck with your planning:)
  • chrisnippychrisnippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won't be interested in the November date, but thanks.
  • otgalotgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking for a place for roughly 100-120 guests and most told me they did host small weddings until they got you there and were not willing to work with a Saturday date, especially in the summer.  They would do Sunday afternoons.  I book with the Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst on the water...depending on the time of year and weather there is an area for an outdoor cocktail hour and the bride and groom arrive on a boat to it.  They also were the only place I came across that did the food tasting before we booked them.  Good luck in your search.
  • edited December 2011
    i booked at crest hollow which is eastern nassua.  Its in woodbury on jericho.  I love it and then can do weddings for 100
  • edited December 2011
    Kmaggio
    I just saw Crest Hollow last night, it was gorgeous !
    Are you doing a fri, sat or sun?

I am thinking of booking there as well after I go back for a food tasting and bring my mom to see it
  • edited December 2011
    Have you also looked at Fox Hollow ?
    They are so nice and they offer free suites if you book with them
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a sat day wedding.  I am doing the empire room, which is so different i love it. I did the tasting, and it was wonderful food.  The only thing that bothered me and my family was that they only let us try the cocktail food.  I did not get to try any of dinner.  The good news is that i know a lot of people who have had events there and they have all loved the food.  BTW my FI and I are foodies and the quality means a lot to us.  What room were u looking into
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards