Georgia-Savannah

Small, simple Savannah wedding

Hello all!!
   I am new to the Knot forum. I actually just found it today, and was pleasantly surprised that there was a section for Savannah. Yayy. My fiance and I decided to get married in Savannah because it is just an awesome place. We are thinking of having a small simple wedding outdoors.

Our ideas so far...
- 10 people  (family and a couple friends)
- Outdoors- Forsyth Park, a square, or B&B garden
- Carriage ride to location
- No reception, dancing, etc etc
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- Carriage ride around town

Do I need a wedding planner with such a small ceremony?

Any tips, hair/makeup suggestions, floral suggestions, etc would be MUCH appreciated. :)

Re: Small, simple Savannah wedding

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome.  I really don't think you need a planner for your wedding.  You could do it fairly easily.  I think your first step is to pick your ceremony site.  There are quite a few in town.  Several of the B&Bs have elopement or small wedding packages for you to get married in their gardens. 
    If you use any of the parks or squares, you will need to reserve them.  Many of them are very popular for weddings and book up from spring to fall.  You could also look into renting a house with a garden down town.  You and your guests could stay there instead of staying in hotel rooms.  Then you use the courtyard for your ceremony. 
    My favorite florist in town is Colony Bay in Garden City.  Also look into A to Zennias and Garden on the Square. 
    For hair, I like 40 Volume. 
    For restaurants after, I would look at The Boar's Head, The Pink House, Vicks on the River, Cha Bella or Bull and Broughton. 
    Happy planning and let me know if you have any questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the company we're going with, and their rates are really reasonable.  http://www.coastalsavannahweddings.com/documents/packages.html
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your upcoming Savannah wedding!  I think some of the most beautiful, local weddings take place at any one of the historic B&Bs downtown.  Most offer lovely packages to help you with planning, so no need to hire a separate planner. For such a small affair, your dollars should be put towards other areas.  A to Zinnias does beautiful floral arrangements!  :)  And if you are interested in hiring a photographer for your ceremony, maybe take a peek at some of my work! :)  www.kimberlywilsonphotography.com

Good luck! :)
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are not allowed to advertise on The Knot, The Nest, or The Bump.
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the elopement package at The Presidents' Quarters, and it encompassed pretty much everything you're looking for.  They booked the carriage for us, and made our dinner reservations.  They even found someone to do my hair and makeup.  The package includes the minister, bouquet, cake and champagne as well.  We were really happy with our selection.
  • kkaurakkaura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need a planner - I'm having a GIANT wedding and I didn't need one. But it really is up to you and if you get stressed easily. With the size and style of your wedding though, I'd save the money and spend extra on food or invitations or something.

Forsyth is super popular but you always run the risk of your guests (or you) being distracted by traffic or random passers by. If you go with a B&B garden they are more secluded and will feel more intimate.

If you want something really beautiful for dinner, I'd recommend the Pink House (which has a square in front of it if you want to use that), but if you go with a B&B they have many options for meals that might fit you.

If you're worried about your budget with such a small wedding party you may be able to pick up flowers the day of at any local florist, or if you not particular you can even go with a grocery place (I recommend Fresh Market - very VERY nice arrangments).
  • edited December 2011
    SJM CELEBRATIONS have wonderful designs for small wedding parties with reasonable prices and packages!!!Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards