North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Wedding Reviews from October Wedding in Durham

Hello Ladies!

I have not posted on the knot boards that often, but I wanted to give a recap of my wedding and vendors. I really had a beautiful wedding and my vendors were exceptional. We received numerous comments from family and friends about our ceremony and reception. I had a ball and my wedding party helped in making it stress free! I would like to recommend a few vendors that I used for anyone who may be interested.

Reception Venue - Chamas Churrascaria: We had a noon wedding and our reception began after the wedding ceremony at the Brazilian Steakhouse in Brightleaf Square. The owner and staff were very accommodating, and the service provided was phenomenal. We had the entire venue to ourselves for our reception. They were very easy to work with and they made sure I did not stress or worry about anything regarding the reception. They had so many options for meats, vegetables, and sides that guests really had a wide selection of food from which to choose. The lunch was buffett style and the guests could eat as much as they wanted! The look of the venue (brick walls and hardwood floors) was nice!

The Band - Pheonix Lei: The band rocked! A number of guests wanted their information for upcoming events including our reception venue! We gave them a few songs that we wanted them to play, but we gave them a lot of autonomy for the most part. They also accepted special requests. We did not expect a lot of dancing due to our wedding being early, but people actually danced at our reception. The band played until after the last person left. It was wonderful! 

Cake - Nantucket Grill and Bar: We had a three tier cake with a different flavor on each tier (carrot cake, birthday cake, and red velvet cake). The cake was delicious. We even went back today to get more! lol! 

Flowers - World of Flowers: Ms. Judy listened to my vision for my flowers  (e.g., boutineres, bouquet, corsages, pew bows) and brought it to fruition!  She gave me the option to use silk or real flowers, and she worked within my budget!

I hope this helps!

Re: Wedding Reviews from October Wedding in Durham

• edited December 2011
    Wow, sounds like you had a great wedding!  I'm getting married in North Durham (more in the boonies than downtown) in July 2011 and still gathering my details.  Thanks for sharing!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing this information! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards