Illinois-Chicago

How long did it take?

FI and I need to get our marriage license.  We're getting married downtown so we need to go the county clerk's office.  For those who already got theirs, how long did it take?  Did you have to wait in line a long time? I can't really take a day off from work but want to try and leave a little early one day so FI & I can get it.  Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: How long did it take?

• edited December 2011
    It took us 10 minutes maybe, but we didn't go downtown. We went to the courthouse in Markham. You shouldn't have to take a day off of work though.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • edited December 2011
    we got ours downtown, but during the week. it took about 10 minutes...
  • edited December 2011
    Same as PP. We went downtown on a Wednesday around 3pm and we didn't even wait in line.  There were only two or three other couples there. 
  • edited December 2011
    We went around 4 p.m. in the city.  It didn't take long at all.  One other couple ahead of us.  FYI - if you have two first names (i.e. Mary Anne MIDDLE LASTname), make sure they put them in the right section...I had a heck of a time trying to fix it as they put the end of my first name and my middle name as my middle name. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards