Colorado-Denver
Options

Photographer nightmares

Our first photographer ended up getting deployed to Afganistan (he told us the second he found out) and of course we aren't upset about that but that made it even more of a rush for us to get a new photographer lined up.  (Our wedding is in less than 4 months)

So, this past Wednesday we met with a photographer and we signed a contract.  We even made plans to meet her next week with our coordinator, dj, etc at the venue. Then I get an email saying she is not doing our wedding as she is doing someone elses wedding.  She never once mentioned she had anyone else interested in the same date and even showed up late to our meeting....honestly, I get the feeling she didn't want to do our wedding as we weren't spending as much money as she hoped. 

So, I'm now desperate for a photographer....any reccomendations....I have to keep the budget under $2k.

Thanks.

Re: Photographer nightmares

• Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Gail from encore photography. She's great! Www.encoreportraits.com her pricing is very reasonable
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Allen from K2 photo studios. He did my wedding. It was under $2000. I am not sure when your date is, or where or what time. But take a look.

http://www.k2photostudio.com/
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachel Terry of Stellar Photography (www.stellar-photo.com) She's great!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have two different recommendations for last minute

1. www.hillside-studios.com
    - Kristi is a great hotographer and affordable, you can look at her prices on her website and blog. She works with your price. I found her for y B-pic session but now I wish I had booked her for my wedding :(

2. Sarah Lee Welch Photography http://www.sarahleewelchphotography.com/
    - This is our photographer and we got her for under 2k (9 hours) 

Hope this helps!  
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tasha Christensen - painted chair photography. I love, love, love her work, and she is well within your budget.
  • Options
    mab1999mab1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the referrals...this has been so stressful!
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Did you end up finding someone?

• Options
    mab1999mab1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just found out last week that our original photographer isn't being sent overseas after all!  The photographer mess was a nightmare but its over!

Thank you everyone for your recomendations!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer was terrific! Look at FramesInMotion.net. There are samples of photos and prices listed online.... you can get an amazing package for under $2k. I highly recommend them!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards