Florida-North Florida

St. Augustine vendor recommendations please!

My fiancee and I are planning on having our wedding in April of 2013 in St. Augustine, and I am researching photographers, florists, bakeries, and DJs! If you could recommend photographers with affordable packages (under $2,000); fabulous and affordable florists; great bakeries (around $4 per serving); and amazing and affordable DJs (around $800)- I would really appreciate it! Also ceremony musicians :)
Thanks!

Re: St. Augustine vendor recommendations please!

• I'm getting married this April in St. Augustine at the White Room. I'm using Corrina Hoffman photography, Windham Event Design for flowers, Footloose Entertainment and I'm using Publix babkery for my cake. We are getting married in a church, so we are using their musicians. Good luck!
  • Photographer:  Ivey Pictures -Click Here
    Bakery:  Publix - Click Here
    Florist: Bold Blooms -Click Here
    DJ: DJ Thundercat- Click Here (his packages start at $900)

I hope this helps!
  • I'm getting married in St. Augustine in 24 days...eek! So, I can't say for sure that they are all wonderful, but I have a very good feeling about each and every one of them.

We are using:

Ginger Dupre photography; a little over $1800 for 5 hours of service
    Publix Bakery $271 for a cake for 55 ppl including delivery and tax.
    High Fidelity DJ Services $600
    The Conservatorie for flowers (their stuff is amazing) about $1000, but this really depends on what flowers you choose.

Good Luck!
  • @goofydoufy- I am looking to have my wedding at The White Room, too! How has your experience with them been so far??
  • I responded via private message. Good luck!

• I am getting married in St Aug in May! 
    Venue: The White Room, rooftop
    Cake: Happy Cakes (Cupcakes) $310 for 120 cupcakes, consult, and top cake.
    Photographer: Zachary Thomas
    Music: Charlie Roberts (DJ and guitar for ceremony)- extermely reasonable, only $100 deposit.
    I'm still deciding for sure on flowers. I've looked at the Conservatorie website, and I love their style!

Hope that helps!
  • St. Augustine in June for me! Photographer: La Dolce Vita Studio (ladolcevitastudio.com) Baker: Sweet Weddings (sweetweddings.com) Florist: The Conservatorie (theconservatoriedesign.com) DJ: DJ Joey (staugustinedjs.com) $700
  • Hello Fellow St. Augustine Brides!!!

I'm getting married June 2nd in the Ponte Vedra/St. Augustine area, too! How exciting!!

Vendors:

Church: Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church

FI is Catholic and I"m Baptist---this church has been really helpful in planning an interfaith ceremony.

Reception: The Serenata Beach Club

I LOVVVVEDDDD the White Room, unfortunatly it was out of our budget for the time we wanted to get married :(  However, I LOOOVVEE The Serenata, and my guests don't have to pay to park and its on the beach.

Photographer: Couture Weddings and Jaimie Smith Photography
    http://www.jaimesmithphotography.com/

Amy Barry (My Sister) & Jaimie Smith are both professional photogs that own Couture Weddings and both shoot the wedding together. However, for my wedding my sister is my MOH, so Jaimie is my main shooter and is having a second shooter whom has worked with her before who is fantastic as well.

DJ: Bill Jones ($600)
    http://www.proshowdjservice.com/files/

He is a really great! He is very organized and has an online website were you log in and can do your timeline, request songs, and organize all the information that he would need for you wedding. He will also meet with you in person and answer all sorts of questions via phone or email.

Cake: Janie Goetzman (friend of the family)

Mrs. Goetzman does have a business that she does cakes, but this is a side job for her and her business is mostly word of mouth. However, every wedding that I have been to that she has made the cake, there is never a piece left uneaten.

I hope this helps!  If you need any information on the Catholic Churches in the area feel free to contact me. I have all the information for all of them for a 50 mile radius of St. Augustine. Good Luck Planning!

• A vendor disobeying the rules and posting when you are asked not to .. I def. would not use someone who can not read english. You have been reported.
  • Hi, I would like to recommend It's Official! http://www.itsofficial.webs.com for a wedding officiant.

And I have to agree, I have had Publix wedding cakes several times and they are always delicious and the Bakery is usually willing to work with you on the design.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards