Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Final draft of vows..Thoughts?!

Landon, today I stand before you full of joy and overwhelming love for you.

When I look into your sweet eyes I see honesty, compassion and a selfless man that I respect so much. You have touched my heart unlike anyone else, and have shown me how to love without holding back. At time I feel as if my heart will burst from the joy you bring to me.

There’s never been anything that I’ve been so sure of as my desire to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. I give you my past, present, and most importantly my future.

You are my best friend, my soul mate, my better half.  At my worst, you are there, at my best, you are there.

As we take this next step together with the unwavering support of our family and friends, I promise you the following things:

I vow, now and forever, to love you passionately in all of your forms.  I promise to love you for who you are, but more than that, I promise to love you for who God has in mind for you to become and to spend my life encouraging you to get there. I vow to keep no record of wrongs, and to put you before myself in all we do. I vow to be your shelter in times of struggle, and promise that you will never face your worries alone, always remaining your partner in every moment of joy or heartache.  I promise, no matter what challenges may drive us apart, to always set my sights on finding my way back to you, here.

Above all else, I will remain your best friend and confidant, weaving your dreams into my own and cherishing your hopes as my own, always listening to your thoughts, and emotions without judgment.  I will always believe in you, respect you, and maintain the promise of our love together. May our love always revolve around passionate devotion and undying laughter.  May our love grow and last always.

On a lighter note, I promise to love what you love-even if that means I must learn everything I ever wanted to know about motorcycles and baseball.  I promise to delight in the simple moments, like bike rides to new destinations and getting lost in your smile.  I promise to always chase you, and never run away (at least not further than the next room). I promise to always try and understand you, even when I do not agree with you. I promise to always wear sunscreen and my seatbelt even when you aren’t there to remind me.  I promise to renew our love each day, and to always remind you that I’m crazy about you. I promise to maintain my love for the Lord, so that I can be a Godly wife for you. I will never give up, never take you for granted, and I will always be inspired by our love, never forgetting that our love is once-in-a-lifetime.  I vow to spend the rest of my life knowing that ours is the greatest love story ever told. 

Landon, from the bottom of my heart, I promise you ME.  Forever.

Re: Final draft of vows..Thoughts?!

• This is amazing and I cried! Now if only I could write something half as good as this I will be in good shape!
  • Thank you SO much!! I'm relieved to get positive feedback : Best of luck to you in your vow writing adventures haha. My advice: glass of wine and keep typing until you make yourself cry : Thanks again!
  • wow that was sooo heartfelt, I got shivers :) Very eloquantly put, and very well written!!
    Amanda Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_1st-draft-of-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:326f55d8-620b-4475-9760-5da0814dd12cPost:491e658b-9fa6-4028-bb5e-fa853ed64bab">Final draft of vows..Thoughts?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Landon, today I stand before you full of joy and overwhelming love for you. When I look into your sweet eyes I see honesty, compassion and a selfless man that I respect so much. You have touched my heart unlike anyone else, and have shown me how to love without holding back. At time I feel as if my heart will burst from the joy you bring to me. There’s never been anything that I’ve been so sure of as my desire to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. I give you my past, present, and most importantly my future. You are my best friend, my soul mate, my better half.   At my worst, you are there, at my best, you are there. As we take this next step together with the unwavering support of our family and friends, I promise you the following things: I vow, now and forever, to love you passionately in all of your forms.   <strong><u>I promise to love you for who you are, but more than that, I promise to love you for who God has in mind for you to become </u></strong>and to spend my life encouraging you to get there. I vow to keep no record of wrongs, and to put you before myself in all we do. I vow to be your shelter in times of struggle, and promise that you will never face your worries alone, always remaining your partner in every moment of joy or heartache.   I promise, no matter what challenges may drive us apart, to always set my sights on finding my way back to you, here.   Above all else, I will remain your best friend and confidant, <strong><u>weaving your dreams into my own</u></strong> and cherishing your hopes as my own, always listening to your thoughts, and emotions without judgment.   I will always believe in you, respect you, and maintain the promise of our love together. <strong><u>May our love always revolve around passionate devotion and undying laughter</u></strong>.   May our love grow and last always. On a lighter note, I promise to love what you love-even if that means I must learn everything I ever wanted to know about motorcycles and baseball.   I promise to delight in the simple moments, like bike rides to new destinations and getting lost in your smile.   I promise to always chase you, and never run away (at least not further than the next room). I promise to always try and understand you, even when I do not agree with you. I promise to always wear sunscreen and my seatbelt even when you aren’t there to remind me.   I promise to renew our love each day, and to always remind you that I’m crazy about you. I promise to maintain my love for the Lord, so that I can be a Godly wife for you. I will never give up, never take you for granted, and <strong><u>I will always be inspired by our love, never forgetting that our love is once-in-a-lifetime.</u></strong>   I vow to spend the rest of my life knowing that ours is the greatest love story ever told.   Landon, from the bottom of my heart, I promise you ME.   Forever.
    Posted by longstrethvetrano[/QUOTE]

Aww, geez, never heard anything more beautiful. These parts are my favorite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards