Not Engaged Yet

I found MY DRESS...

So... I was browsing my local craigslist for wedding centerpiece vases and came across a NWT wedding gown in my size and thought it was worth a click.  It was a gorgeous ivory gown (I wanted off white or ivory) and I was in love with the style of it.  The listing said that it was a sample with a few minor flaws so I was cautious and took FMIL with me so I wouldn't overlook something just because it is pretty and a great price.   The "flaws were nothing noticeable and can easily be fixed by seamstress who will need to take in a couple places that are a tad big and add a bustle anyways.  I love the way I look in the gown and FMIL said it gave her chills! :)

The dress is originally $800-900 and the girl who had it bought it in a size that was a bit small thinking she would fit into it by her wedding.  That didn't happen.  She could have had this one let out, but the next size up fit just right so there was no point in paying a ton of money to have one altered when you could buy an off the rack one and be done with it.  She sold me the dress for $100 and I'm thrilled!

Here are a couple of stock photos of the gown...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I found MY DRESS...

• edited December 2011
    gorgeous! and you can't beat the price.... I need someone to buy my old one off craigslist! lol

Who is the designer? And please post pics when you get it altered because that dress gave me chills too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HOLY SH!T! $100?!

Nice dress.  I think I missed a post tho.  When is the date? lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dres! I can't believe it...$100?!
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That's beautiful, and you can't beat the price! Congratulations!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! 

We actually won't have a date until next week (have to wait for the local diocese to give the okay due to my previous marriage).  The church and our favorite reception venue both have openings in May 2011 so most likely then, but we aren't picking a date unitl we have confirmation from the church because getting married at his family church that he was baptized in and grew up in is more important than any date or reception venue to us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes that's right ladies $100 cash money no taxes... even beats the DB $99 sale! :)

FMIL just emailed me this in my response to thanking her for joining me and letting me keep it at her house (FI wants to see it at the ceremony for the first time)...

"I went up and looked at it again before I went to bed. It is so gorgeous and you absolutely glowed when you had it on. I am so excited for you. I am glad I could be there. Anytime you need to see it or put it on you know where it is."

AHHH, I'm stoked... but tired because it took me a while to fall asleep as I was still so excited to find a dress that I LOVE at such a bargain!

ETA: It's a Galina Signature gown and I will defintiely post pics of it post-alterations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

AWWW, your FMIL is so sweet. The dress is gorgeous and the price, WOO HOO!

imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Galina signature gowns - they just don't look right on me. They are made for someone taller I think. The dress is gorgeous though and I wish I had such an easy (and cheap!) time finding a dress. Can'r wait to see it on you and awww towards you FMIL.

PS, Do you live in Cincy? I'm not from there so I'm a little stressed about planning from a distance. I don't know how to go about finding the stuff I need. If you don't want to put it on here feel free to PM me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!! The dress looks beautiful and what a great price!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    That's wonderful!  And absolutely beautiful - those lace straps are gorgeous!  I'm sure you look radiant in it - ethereal is the word that comes to mind with that dress!

And it's also great your FMIL is so awesome. Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nickchicknickchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! What a great deal!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all.  Yes, FMIL is awesome and she is very sweet to come along and help especially since I no longer have my mom.  FMIL is very excited about it all and loves that she is able to be involved but she didn't and doesn't want to be pushy so I have to ask her to come to everything, but thats okay.

And yes, I'm near Cincinnati (north of the city, but it's the closest city).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress!  Looks so classic and will go with whatever time of day, theme, anything.  Great Job! 

Now I want to go dress shopping, but I've decided to wait until October probably, when it will be cooler.  So awesome your FMIL is so involved and that you get along so well.  My FI's mom passed away 8 years ago, so I'm trying to include his sister (who he's very close to) in everything.  So nice to start off on good terms with everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    Nice!  Thats awesome!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    I love it!! How wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you are near Cincy I will need to PM you on some things that I hope you might know?? lol

Are you getting married down there, too? We're doing Mt. Echo Park but still havent seen it yet, kind of worried
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at a church in the little city we both grew up in and having the reception a few miles North of there.  We are about 30 or so minutes north of downtown and are not doing a wedding there because we do not want to travel/have our quests travel that far nor pay more when there are nice and affordable options nearby.

Feel free to PM I'm not sure if I can help or not, but I'll try!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dwest, I just love you. I am so glad you found a wonderful dress for a great price. You obviously work so hard to be a great mom and great partner. You've been through so much and handle it all with grace. You deserve a wonderful FMIL and it seems like she is. Actually, you deserve the best of everything. Congratulations on a beautiful gown!
  • BCRockiesBCRockies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amazing! Simply amazing!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_found-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04250e15-1053-4562-9cae-a964df57b911Post:046c3a5a-f1b9-44bf-a84c-bcfe647db394">Re: I found MY DRESS...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dwest, I just love you. I am so glad you found a wonderful dress for a great price. You obviously work so hard to be a great mom and great partner. You've been through so much and handle it all with grace. You deserve a wonderful FMIL and it seems like she is. Actually, you deserve the best of everything. Congratulations on a beautiful gown!
    Posted by run21[/QUOTE]

Paint, I think that you are the sweetest person in the world that I've never met.  Thank you so much!  FI's mom is awesome as is the rest of his family... I am blessed to be gaining them in this deal for sure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your future in-laws are lucky to have you (and your little guy) too! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding as you keep planning. Hopefully the dress is just the start of pleasant surprises!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_found-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:04250e15-1053-4562-9cae-a964df57b911Post:e515b6bc-d01a-4634-bbe9-640a108e7b72">Re: I found MY DRESS...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anytime you need to see it or put it on you know where it is."
    Posted by dwest2201[/QUOTE]

This happens to me all. the. time.  I drive by the store where my dress is currently being housed twice a day minimum (to and from work) and everytime I drive by I have to fight the urge to run in and just look at it.  Final fitting is next week, and then I get to take it with me on Aug. 11.  So excited!

Congrats on the dress.  It is gorgeous, and I am totally biased towards dresses with lace straps.  ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did i miss pictures of you in the dress?!?!?.... **STOMPS FOOT** PLEASE POST THEM!!!
  • edited December 2011
    BBB- PIP's of the dress are in the original post. 

Acro, I went to IL's house today while FI was napping to p/u our dog (they watched her while we were out of town for a night) and she said you wanna go see it don't you.  I laughed and said "kinda, but I'm okay... I've gotta get with a couple of my girls who want to see it asap and have them over".  She said "anytime you want to see it or try it back on just come on over, you know where it is".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards