Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Products you miss

TLV's poll got me thinking.

What products/foods that have been discontinued do you pine for?

I really miss Koala Yummies.  And Magic Middles.  Does anyone remember those?

And McDonald's had these gigantic strawberry banana yogurt granola parfaits one summer and they were fantastic.  The tiny ones now pale in comparison.

Apparently mine are all food related.  What are yours?
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Products you miss

• Options
    Choc-o-Lite candy bars. 
  • Options
    Fudge Covered Oreos.  The pre-built s'mores cookies you could make in the microwave.  Big League Chew in grape.

I don't know if these were necessarily discontinued, but I can't find any of them anymore.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I'll mention these on behalf of my brother:  The McRib and Arch Deluxe from McDonald's.  He loved those sandwiches and they got rid of them in the early 2000s. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    In St. Louis at least they bring back the McRib at least twice a year, and they make a HUGE deal about how everyone has missed it.

I miss corn nuggets. Fried cream corn. I know it sounds gross, and I know they still exist somewhere, but I cannot find them ANYWHERE in grocery stores anymore. I can only find them in a dive breakfast restaurant in my college town, 3.5 hours away from here :(
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    They bring McRibbs back a few times a year here too.  Everyone goes crazy so they definitely know how to keep the appeal. 

I miss dunkaroos. 
  • Options
    Lemon Ice Gatorade - I always want Gatorade when I'm sick, but that's the only flavor I liked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:b2d6d363-6b8c-45f1-90ee-7cfdd2f88abb">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In St. Louis at least they bring back the McRib at least twice a year, and they make a HUGE deal about how everyone has missed it. I miss corn nuggets. Fried cream corn. I know it sounds gross, and I know they still exist somewhere, but I cannot find them ANYWHERE in grocery stores anymore. I can only find them in a dive breakfast restaurant in my college town, 3.5 hours away from here :(
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]

Ooooh I love corn nuggets!  Pat's Pizzeria has them, but I don't know if they're only local to here or not.

EDIT - I just checked and they are only in DE, MD, NJ and PA :(
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:c033e2e8-7768-4be1-9cf6-97142b0b3f59">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lemon Ice Gatorade - I always want Gatorade when I'm sick, but that's the only flavor I liked.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

!!!!! Yes!  I totally forgot about this stuff, but it was the only Gatorade I ever liked and it disappeared.

Also, I miss these cookies that I cannot remember the name of for the life of me.  They came in three-packs, in a little white cardboard tray covered in clear plastic, and they had a chocolate drop in the middle of each cookie.  If you remember the name of these, please share.

Also this thread makes me feel like I'm 80.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:c391ca0a-80c7-495a-8098-28e5396a671a">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss dunkaroos. 
    Posted by andressfrank[/QUOTE]

I buy these at the grocery store occasionally. FI thinks it's hilarious, but there's just some childhood snacks I can't give up haha!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Team Cheerios.  This was my favorite cereal for a while and it disappeared.  It was a combo of different types of Cheerios, but some you can't buy individually.

Fat free apple Newtons.  These were the best.  Mr. Penny gets annoyed that I complain EVERY time we're in the store that they don't have these anymore!
  • Options
    Andress- we definitely still have Dunkaroos in Canada, probably 4 or 5 flavours!
  • Options
    I also miss Baked Cool Ranch Doritos.  They existed for a short period in college, and I haven't seen them since. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:75aecc22-cdd9-4c1e-9e18-3150e5dff45b">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Products you miss : I buy these at the grocery store occasionally. FI thinks it's hilarious, but there's just some childhood snacks I can't give up haha!
    Posted by AlmostSt.Laurent[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have them in the small town I live in :(  I agree though, simple concept but sooo good!
  • Options
    OMG, DUNAKROOS!!

I miss white-fudge covered Oreos. I can ALWAYS find the fudge-covered ones, but never the white ones. Booo.
  • Options
    I was thisclose to buying Dunkaroos online a few months back.  And Brie, I don't know what those cookies are called, but I do know what you are talking about and now I miss them as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:fbb8594e-452b-400a-a89d-18cbffdf033c">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also miss Baked Cool Ranch Doritos.  They existed for a short period in college, and I haven't seen them since. 
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Brie - I think they actually sell those in the variety chip bags at the grocery store.  They have a bag that's all baked chips and sun chips and I'm pretty sure that's one of the flavors. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:916d9917-c016-4e19-9d08-88398801b27b">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, DUNAKROOS!! I miss white-fudge covered Oreos. I can ALWAYS find the fudge-covered ones, but never the white ones. Booo.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I think they have the white fudge ones around the holidays, no?  We always put them in my uncle's Christmas stocking.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:916d9917-c016-4e19-9d08-88398801b27b">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, DUNAKROOS!! I miss white-fudge covered Oreos. I can ALWAYS find the fudge-covered ones, but never the white ones. Booo.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I see them at Christmas every year, but no other time.
  • Options
    We haven't had them at Christmas here in YEARS. I look every. single. year.
  • Options
    They always bust out the white fudge Oreos at Christmas.

We also get the McRib for a limited time once a year or so.

I remember those cookies, Brie!! But not the name of them.
  • Options
    *Lifesaver holes

*penny candy stands in corner convenience stores

*crystal pepsi
  • Options
    Ditto to all of the above, but especially: dunkaroos & Lemon Ice Gatorade.

I also loved the Peppermint McFlurry they had one christmas at McDs foreverrr ago. I only remember it that one winter, never have seen them again but I thought they were really good!
  • Options
    I loved McDonald's pizza.
    And that's all I've got right now.
  • Options
    Ooooh Strawberry Filled Mini Wheats cereal.  I looooved that stuff.

See, I see the white fudge covered ones, but can never find the chocolate fudge covered ones.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:5306a6d4-8d1c-4fb0-867a-52f5b5128975">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]*<strong>Lifesaver holes</strong> *penny candy stands in corner convenience stores *crystal pepsi
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

yes yes yes!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:93c0565c-c375-4890-aa08-3d7aea65bd29">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooooh Strawberry Filled Mini Wheats cereal.  I looooved that stuff. See, I see the white fudge covered ones, but can never find the chocolate fudge covered ones.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

TR---that stinks. I wish that we could trade!
  • Options
    tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    McDonald's had pizza?
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Remember when McDonald's put cookies in the kids meals and they gave you those cup holders that hung on your car window? Not that I necessarily miss those, but this made me think of it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_products-miss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:857d15d3-e040-4e6b-bf2d-e83179614853Post:71e790df-1274-4896-b4ab-f4778d82792e">Re: Products you miss</a>:
    [QUOTE]McDonald's had pizza?
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]

In Canada anyway. And not for long. And it was delish.
  • Options
    Oh man I loved the Arch Deluxe, but I don't think I would like it now.  Corn nuggets are theshit!  They had them at my college cafeteria.

This isn't food, but I really liked Bonne Belle's liquid foundation and I hated that they quit making it.  Bath and Body Works is notorious for discontinuing stuff I like (or maybe I'm just notorious for liking stuff that doesn't sell well).  Some of my favorites were Breathe Comfort (which they brought back online recently) and Green Tea and Cucumber lotion. Oooh and they had a white tea eye cream that was awesome. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards