Connecticut

Flower Help

I am looking for an florist that is less expensive than most. I heard that grocery stores or Costco can be cost effective and very good if the florist that works there is good. Please let me know what you think of it you have tried it. 

If not are there good florist around that are reasonable?

Re: Flower Help

• Jane (Just for You) is very popular on these boards. I used her for my wedding and she's awesome!  She can work with any budget and I think her prices are more than fair.  I described what we wanted, she gave us an estimate, and also showed ways we could cut costs if we wanted. 
    She also was great at understaning my vision. I was truly blown away when I walked into the reception room.

http://www.justforyouweddings.com/

Good luck!
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I agree, we loved Jane. We booked with Flora Flora in Noank, she worked within our budget. We also met with Montville flowers, loved them and were budget friendly. We had such a tough time choosing a florist!
  • I am using Jane at Just For You too. I love her, ours is coming in a little above budget because I want peonies or garden roses but she gave us options to lower the price if we wanted to!
  • Another vote for Jane! She is awesome to work with & very cost effective!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I am using Melissa from Stylish Blooms and she has been fabulous to work with. She listened to everything I had in mind and then suggested different ways that I could lower cost and still have what I wanted. She is so flexible and truly willing to work with whatever your budget is. :)
    Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    I looked into Jane at Just for You, but her website had a minimum amount of $1,000. I went with Melissa at Stylish Blooms. She was extremely flexible with the budget and less expensive than anyone else I looked into.
  • edited January 2012
    Ditto to Jane - her $1,000 minimum was just if you wanted delivery (at the time of my wedding/booking with her in 2010/2011), but maybe that changed?

Jane did an AMAZING job for my June 2011 wedding and her prices were more than fair for the quality of her work.  She works within any budget and really lets you know what you can get for your money.  Plus she is so sweet and friendly...
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Melissa worked within my budget and doesn't have a minimum that I'm aware of. She suggested so many alternatives to keep the costs where I wanted it!  Check her out on Facebook, you wont be disapppointed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards