Not Engaged Yet

Not Engaged?

Or am I?

My boyfriend, pardon me, FI, proposed on Sunday night! It's been really exciting for us both. We're still waiting a while to get married, probably summer 2011 like we'd originally planned (that's when FI graduates college), but having the ring and being "officially" engaged is really exciting for me. I'm ready to start planning and I'm even MORE ready to start my life with him. So, I guess technically I should leave this board, but I probably wont. My club board ladies have been planning for a long time already and I like the way this board runs so I might just stick around even though I am no longer NEY.

Anyway! Just wanted to share my excitement. Carry on.
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not Engaged?

• edited December 2011

WOO WOO! Congrats!

Now we just need the details!

imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I think a lot (maybe a majority) of the regular posters here are no longer NEY.  Hell, Mutley is even married and pregnant!  So feel free to stick around.  :-)

And Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • MattsAnnieMattsAnnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Details please! Pictures!
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!!
    i've just started posting around here, and as an actual NEY, it seems i'm actually in the minority :-). but that's alright, i get a sense of 'the more, the merrier'.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

"...Another one bites the dust
    Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone
    And another one gone..."

haha jk! Congrats,hun! That's really exciting for you and FI:)

bajediva -it's okay! I'm NEY still! We can be the minority together. lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS: Jeka you should stay, engaged or not...we like you !

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh really paige?? yay!
  • MeganFaceMeganFace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I also want to hear the story, I love engagement stories. I can't explain it, maybe I watch too much TLC.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! thats awesome!

• edited December 2011
    congrats :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, tons of us are engaged or married around here. You won't feel weird, I promise.

I mean, I feel like I've "grown up" with a lot of the regs here. We started out with just a couple of engaged girls, and the rest of us NEY. Then one by one we got engaged and started planning.... and some got married.... and one is pregers now with a little NEY baby!

It's like, why move to another board when everyone I know and love is right here? PLUS we get awesome BSC threads now and then!
    Anniversary
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! And stick around!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and no reason to leave ! i got engaged back in Nov and have fallen in love with this board and the wonderful ladies here. They keep me coming back for more ! Hope to see you around!
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support guys! I'm sure I'll stick around now.

Ok. Details:
    We'd talked about proposals and marriage before, but he didn't have the money for a ring and the timing just wasn't right so he waited. Sunday night he took me back to my dorm and when we got there he walked me through the snowy courtyard in front of my building. I turned to look at something that he'd called my attention to and when I looked back, he was down on one knee. I was so stunned (but also so excited!) but I still managed to say "yes". He shook like a leaf the entire rest of the evening and when I went to bed I was so overwhelmed and dizzy that I could barely stand up straight. The ring is beautiful. It's 1/2 carat diamond solitaire set in white gold. Pictures below! I still need to get it resized, but it's small enough to wear for now. What do you guys think?

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sawahleeesawahleee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations and salutations!

btw I love your ring. Simple and elegant.
    Visit The Knot!PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • lzimm13lzimm13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! thats a cute story! and your ring is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011

The ring is beautiful and very cute story. I wouldn't worry about getting your ring sized yet. As long as it wont come off when you shake your hand you should be good for awhile. I have crazy hands that swell all the time. One minute a ring is loose and the next you can barely get it to the knuckle.

imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    congratulatins! your ring is stunning...simple and elegant. keep us posted on your wedding plans. wheee :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards