Alabama

Okay get me straight ladies lol

So I just read something somewhere: We don't have our engagement ring on during the ceremony? So we just have our wedding bands once the ceremony is over? lol I so didn't know this. Is this something that most people stick to or what?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Okay get me straight ladies lol

• Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's what my mother recommended to me. However, I think the more popular option is to wear your engagement ring on your right hand and to put it on your left hand after the ceremony. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ah that works thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am leaving my engagement ring right where it is, on my left ring finger.  After the ceremony (right before pictures) I will flip the wedding band and engagement ring so that they're in the right order.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_okay-straight-ladies-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:b8a19287-0ea4-45d8-bf6b-1c23ccff1ba6Post:d8f41870-60f7-42cc-8656-3c83e61e96cf">Re: Okay get me straight ladies lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am leaving my engagement ring right where it is, on my left ring finger.  After the ceremony (right before pictures) I will flip the wedding band and engagement ring so that they're in the right order.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this also, as FI actually preferred that I keep my e-ring on my left hand during the ceremony.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My boss actually wears hers with the engagement ring behind the wedding band.  I guess it's just her personal preference.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I was just wondering the same thing!!  I wanted to wear mine on my right hand and then switch after the ceremony too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards