March 2012 Weddings

Ring Drama Continues But HUGE Etsy Seller Props!

The USPS tracking site said FI's ring was delivered last Monday.  I know I checked the mail on Monday and I know the package was not in there.  We searched all of the doors of our house and even asked two of our neighbors if maybe they've received it and no one has.  This is a pretty wealthy neighborhood so I don't think anyone would steal a cheap titanium ring so my guess is USPS screwed up somewhere.

But I contacted the Etsy seller and she not only accepted what happened without question, but agreed to send a new ring right away!  We should be getting FI's new ring in a day or two!  The seller is Orien Jewelry and she's amazing to work with.  Fast to reply and work with us on this and very flexible.  Her rings are amazing, too!  I'm sure most of you have already ordered the rings but if you need back-up or "work" ring, I highly recommend this seller!

I still won't feel good about the ring until it's in our hands (and I know it fits!) but I'm happy she's been so easy to work with!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

Re: Ring Drama Continues But HUGE Etsy Seller Props!

• Just so you know, the last four (yes FOUR) times I used USPS tracking, it was delivered 4-6 days after the tracking info said it was. Keep that in mind, because I'm guessing you end up with two rings :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Yes, I'm starting to think that the tracking # is when it's delivered to the post office and not your actual house. I've had this problem many times. Maybe you could try calling the post office that it was supposed to have gone through...

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Really?  That's bizarre.  The tracking site even says "Out For Delivery", "Delivered To Home" on it.  

The ring actually DID arrive today (the original one).  7 days after it said it did.  And the seller lives only 3 hours away from me so that means it took 10 days to travel 3 hours.  Whereas another package I ordered the same day came from Iowa and got here in three days using the exact same type of mailing.  Soooo random!    Luckily, she hadn't sent the new ring out yet so we will not get duplicate rings.   

And now I officially hate USPS, too.  So it seems like only UPS is not on my sh*t list as far as someone I can mail a package through.  Grrrr!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards