May 2011 Weddings

It's Tuesday!

Which means at least it's not Monday.  On my old local board, we would do something called "10 Things Tuesday" where you just list 10 random things that you are thinking about.  I'll start:

1. I haven't done a 10 things Tuesday in a very long time...
2. The tree was still standing this morning!  Way to go Bella Bear!.
3. Love is a Battlefield is on my Pandora right now and it's getting me pumped up.
4. I think I'm going to scream at my MIL if she makes one more comment about DH not being there at Christmas. Suck it up woman, you got Christmas last year so it's only fair that we spend Christmas with my family this year.
5. I barely have any of my Christmas shopping done but I know what I'm getting most people.  Because of this, I feel like I'm about 75% done.
6. I'm still not used to my new last name.  I mean I remember to say it/sign it but when people say Mrs. H or something I turn around recognizing the name of DH rather than myself.  Does that make sense?  Probably not.
7. There are two books I'm waiting on from the library and I am running out of patience!
8. I can't wait for Christmas so I can have a week and a half off of work!
9. I've been stuck on #9 for awhile...
10. Mr. Belding was on How I Met Your Mother last night and I was irrationally excited about it.
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: It's Tuesday!

• Morning!

1. It's cold.  Cold air is seeping through the window next to me.  I don't care for it.

2. I'm doing an important experiment today.  I won't know the results until tomorrow.  Think positively.

3. I'm currently in love with the names Alexandria and Elias.

4. I'm wearing my new, warm winter boots today.

5. Hi EEEE!

6. Hi Aggie!!

7. We are starting Boardwalk Empire tonight!

8. I like Christmas lights.

9. Pesky number 9.

10. Happy Tuesday!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:cd8f1a6b-5e62-42de-99b5-da9347942bcf">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! 1. It's cold.  Cold air is seeping through the window next to me.  I don't care for it.
    2. I'm doing an important experiment today.  I won't know the results until tomorrow.  Think positively.
    8. I like Christmas lights.Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    #1 - totally agree.  I could really do without all the cold.

#2 - do you think of your own experiments?  Or does someone work with you on them to figure out what you should do?  How much time do you spend thinking vs. experimenting?

# 8 - are you a colored christmas lights person or a white/icicle?  I've found people are generally one or the other.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hello!!!!

1. I woke up to snow this morning!!!! Big fat fluffy wet snow, too!! 
    2. I finished my first Sarah Dessen book last night. It had charcter names in it of people that I actually know in real life. Like her boyfriends name was Jason (my husband's name) and she was hanging out with this kid Wes for most of the book (I "dated" a Wes in college). It was weird.
    3. I need to go to Interim today to hand in some paprs, but I really don't want to.
    4. I like not working, except I'm poor.
    5. I'm anxious to hear back from the College I applied to. 
    6. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be! 
    7. Hello LBV!!!! Glad your tree is still standing!
    8. Hello Joy!!!! Good luck with your experiment! 
    9. I'm looking at houses online for MIL. They are moving out this way.
    10. With MIL moving out this way, I think we'll go "home" less. DH is a momma's boy, and I think he likes to go home so often to see his mom. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 1. It has been pouring rain all morning, but looks like it's slowing down.

2. I am hoping I can load boxes into my car while it's not pouring.

3. Today is my last day at work, eek!

4. I am getting two people fairly substantial technology gifts for Christmas this year and I'm a bit anxious about whether they will be well-received (Kindle Paperwhite for my mom and a new laptop with Windows 8 for DH).

5. Hi Joy!  I love those names!

6. Hi LBV!  Glad your tree survived, and I would also be really happy about Mr. Belding.  Also, I was just thinking the other day that it's actually strange to hear my maiden name now, so I guess I'm getting used to the new name.

7. jlq, snooooooow!!!  Enjoy it, and try to enjoy your time off, I know it's hard but you will miss it once you're working again I'm sure.  For me it's the uncertainty that gets me, but you will be fine I'm sure!

8. I have PB&J for lunch today, not very exciting :(

9. I get to skip this one, right?!

10. Happy Tuesday, T minus 2 days to our move!
    imageimage
  • jlq - it's a lot more difficult than it seems!  Remind me what the program was for that you applied to?  I want to say physical therapy or something but I have a feeling I'm way off base.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • 1. It is not snowing nor is it raining, it is this disgusting slushy crap falling from the sky.

2. I did not sleep 2 consecutive hours last night and am really tired today

3. We were supposed to go out today but DH does not want us going out in this yucky weather so I guess I am going to spend a lot of time online.

4. I am using the weather as an excuse to stay in my pjs today even though I have made a point to get dressed everyday even if we go no where... today is a pj kinda day though

5. I am hosting my entire family on Sat for a belated Thanksgiving because one of my little brothers is coming home from Florida to meet the girls.  Thankfully my mom is doing most of the cooking but I am still a little anxious about it.

6. It's only 10:15 and I am already hungry for lunch.

7. It amazes me the crap that is on TV during the day... and the fact that I watch said crap.

8. This is harder than I thought!

9. & 10. I'm going to cheat and use two to share my twin toes:

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:59a8426e-e6d2-4a09-821f-0475e3350ff6">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]jlq - it's a lot more difficult than it seems!  Remind me what the program was for that you applied to?  I want to say physical therapy or something but I have a feeling I'm way off base.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    They are still waiting on my transcripts. It's going to take longer for me I know because I already have a degree. Blagh. I'm just impatient! <div>And you are close, the program is Occupational Therapy Assistant. </div>
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at their little toes!!!!
    AHHH!!! And their little hats!!!!! I'm stealing them. K thanks. 
    my read shelf:
  • Morning!

1. I'm back in the office today.
    2. But I'm only here for 4 days, then I'm on vacation next week!
    3. Yesterday when we took Chase in for the 2nd round of his flu shot, I initialled the paper KS (maiden name imitials) instead of KM. Oops!
    4. Teeth suck.
    5. We have our tree up with the lights, but no ornaments yet. We'll get to that eventually!
    6. H and I like to watch Maury episodes of "You are not the father!" on our days off. We watched that yesterday. 1 guy, 4 women, 6 kids. All his.
    7. One of my co-workers annoys the poop out of me.
    8. I've only bought one Christmas gift so far. Why do I always wait until the last minute?!
    9. I did a ton of laundry over the weekend. Re-washed all of Chase's clothes, blankets, towels, everything in a different detergent and then did our laundry. Doesn't mean I put it all away, though.
    10. I want it to be next week already so I don't have to work.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Good Morning! Just another day at work for me.
    2. It is snowing out but it isn't going to stick.
    3. H and I are going out for Chinese for lunch today! Yum!!
    4. I need to start my Xmas shopping. I know what we are going to get most people just need to do the shopping part now.
    5. I have been super lazy the last 2 days and really need to do something tonight. Hopefully laundry as I am running low on clothes.
    6. Dannie good luck on your move.
    7. I want a puppy! I am hoping H gets me one for Xmas but I doubt it!
    8. We are going to buy our tree this weekend and H is going to hang the lights. I can't wait to see the house with lights on it!! :)
    9. We are hosting Xmas this year for H family but I am hoping my parents and grandparents come too from BLO!
    10. I really want my sister to come home for my birthday! I will be 30 and I feel like it will be more fun if she is home.

Yeah! I made it!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • BABIES!!! Too cute!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:4d9421d3-54b7-4fa8-9ac4-ee403797d761">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday! : #1 - totally agree.  I could really do without all the cold. #2 - do you think of your own experiments?  Or does someone work with you on them to figure out what you should do?  How much time do you spend thinking vs. experimenting? # 8 - are you a colored christmas lights person or a white/icicle?  I've found people are generally one or the other.

Do I think of my own experiments?  YEEEES.  I'm annoyingly independent.  We each have projects that we're working on.  Like, mine is to figure out how this one protein utilizes two different things to activate itself.  As far as designing the experiments, troubleshooting the issues, etc... that's all me.  My old graduate lab (looove!) taught me to be self-reliant, think through my problems, and ask for help when I'm stumped or progressing towards it.  My current lab?  I could write a novel about how I'm the only one who thinks that way and I don't fit in.  It truly adds my dislike of my current job.  I'm constantly treated like I don't know how to think and need someone else to think for me.  It drives me INSANE.  Then, I do lovely work and my boss is always surprised. 

I could keep going on that thread, but I won't :-)

I like both.  Our tree is white lights; the lights around our front door are colored.
  • Jodi - seriously adorable children you have there.

EEE - White, colored, or icicle for you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:4d9421d3-54b7-4fa8-9ac4-ee403797d761">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] # 8 - are you a colored christmas lights person or a white/icicle?  I've found people are generally one or the other.
    DH and I argue about colored vs. white lites. I like white, because I think it looks better. But he likes colored.<div>I like colored lights on trees only. Not anywhere else. If you're going to hang lights outside your house, or anywhere in your house, I thnk they should be white. </div>
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:f661b841-1350-4c6d-92c8-af25ed3521a9">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 9. The Panthers won last night. On Monday night fb no less.  I thought maybe a pig was flying somewhere.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

No, no... had the Eages won, there would have been pigs flying somewhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:8f1b09dc-9934-4285-8b8f-106909108be1">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jodi - seriously adorable children you have there. EEE - White, colored, or icicle for you?
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I like the icicle lights outside but DH loathes them.  Somehow I won that argument last year and we bought even more icicle lights this year to hang.  I was willing to compromise and put colored lights on our bushes but he thinks that looks tacky to mix the two and relented.  He secretly wants to go Clark Griswald on our house but he knows I won't let him.

We do have the giant colored bulbs on our tree so he won that disagreement years ago when we first moved in together and bought our tree.  I like the mini lights but he was adament that they be the giant bulbs.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:d570831d-7f2c-4f93-99e1-9301f9f88998">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at their little toes!!!! AHHH!!! And their little hats!!!!! I'm stealing them. K thanks. 
    Posted by jlq2005[/QUOTE]

This.  Look at their little feets and toes!  And yes I did mean to pluralize feets.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • kris2131kris2131 member
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:e8f1117d-2989-4366-ae5e-f27b0cfe6500">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday! : No, no... had the Eages won, there would have been pigs flying somewhere.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

So true. H is actually hoping they keep losing so they'll get a good spot for the draft pick. Has Andy Reid been fired yet?
    Anniversary
  • Kris - where are you going on vacation?  I must have missed it...

Degrea - what type of puppy do you want?  The cute black lab says hi.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • OMG I WANT THAT PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told DH that I wanted to be pregnant for Christmas. hahahahahhahahahahha. 

LBV - My husband would love to go Clark Griswald on our house, too. I'd never let him, of course, but the man can dream. hahah! 

BB  - I'm looking at houses, too. Not that we can afford to buy one. But it's nice to dream. Houses in this town are really expensive. Which sucks, because I really like this town. 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:1679dd36-d5cd-412a-bd61-e6378f0ca6c3">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kris - where are you going on vacation?  I must have missed it... Degrea - what type of puppy do you want?  The cute black lab says hi.

This is a good thread. Puppies and babies. You can't go wrong with those. :)

We were going to go to Disney, but I think we've nixed that idea. If we haven't, we're still on the fence. With Chase the way he is in the carseat right now, a 2+ hour car ride might not be a good idea. So I'm not sure what we're doing. We just won't be at work. :)
    Anniversary
  • Oh hi!! 1. The reason I am never on here is because I'm too lazy to input my email and password every time I want to post from my phone. I read everything though I'm a creeper! 2. I am angry at my dog because he just put my thumb by accident and it hurt like a mofo!! He has also chewed 2 BBQ covers. 3. I also want to be pregnant for Christmas but my lack of a regular cycle since having Charlie is making that impossible! 4. I have 4 hats I need to crochet for Christmas plus half of Charlie's stocking. 5. I love cloth diapers! 6. Charlie is growing too fast. 7. I want to move to my hometown and we might be but it's not happening fast enough. 8. Dh wants to leave Charlie with his parents overnight Saturday so we can go to a Christmas party but I'm freaking out about it. 9. I hate the carpet in our living room. 10. I want to eat ice cream.
  • Echo!!!! Hiii!!!! Miss you around here!!! 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_its-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ec90c4d0-0fa1-4dee-b845-3631f2864c35Post:bea0fd22-35a6-40da-b69d-fa773c6d169e">Re: It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday! : So true. H is actually hoping they keep losing so they'll get a good spot for the draft pick. Has Andy Reid been fired yet?
    Posted by kris2131[/QUOTE]

Nope.
  • hiiiiiii!! echo you should be able to save your info on your phone. No excuses!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • It used to be saved but since the update to TK on mobile it hasn't...and I'm technologically not the brightest.
  • HI ECHO!!

E: I want a dachshund, more specifically a male, smooth, chocolate and tan one. HAHA not that I have put any thought into it or anything. There is currently one available at a breeder in Batavia. I am bugging H but he hasn't budge yet. That black lab is adorable though but too big and messy for me. I do love labs though! They are the most loveable dogs. 

I am all about the colored lights. We have mini colored lights on the tree and big colored lights on the house. Or we will shall I say. H would love to Clark Griswell on your house. One year I might just let him, haha!
  • Josh Groban has the voice of an angel. 
    my read shelf:
  • Hi echo!  Any Charlie pictures you can share?

We are having an insane day.  Apparently the guy scheduled to drive our moving truck has cancelled with some kind of an emergency.  Now our things will go into storage and who knows when they will make it to South Carolina.  Good times.  I'll look back on this someday as a good story, right?  I'm only freaking out a little bit.

Did someone say puppy?

imageimage
  • Ugh Dannie that's awful!  I'm so sorry you're having such problems, talk about stressful!

And ZOMG look at little Ajax!!  I just want to cuddle with that little butterball!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards