Military Brides
Options

XP: Ring Sizes

Ok I thought I'd XP this because I'm still a little unsure of what happened and I know some of you ladies are married so you might be more help to me!

Before my FI proposed he had my e-ring sized to a size 5.  It fits perfectly.  Well we bought our wedding bands a few weeks ago and I just picked mine up from being resized (both my e-ring and band are Leo diamond rings, both from Kay Jewelers, bought and sized by the same store) and I swear that my wedding band is smaller.  But when I put them together ( not on my finger) they appear to be the same size.  But my wedding band literally hurts to get on and to take off.  Sometimes when my fingers are swollen I have a semi-difficult time taking off my e-ring but it never hurts.  Does anyone know why they seem to be different sizes?

Its even still too tight if I wear it alone and not with my e-ring.  I am definitely going to have to take it back and have it resized again.  I just don't understand why it is seems to be so much tighter.

Oh and my ring is just a white gold band with diamonds half way around the band.
Photobucket

Re: XP: Ring Sizes

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your wedding band thicker than your e-ring? That's probably why it feels like that. Mine are the same thing. 
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the band is thicker that makes it tighter. You could always have the store double check the size though too. I would just go up a quarter or half size though, maybe on both so they fit together.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my two thoughts of what might be the deal is:
    1. It's just a half size too small, which would be a big enough difference to cause discomfort but small enough that you can't tell visually.
    2. Your e-ring is sitting at the smallest spot, so your band is getting a wider spot and therefore bugging ya.
    My guess is number one since it hurts to get OFF but the other doesn't.
    I don't know about Kay because I have never been, but I know where we got our ring they resize for a lifetime at no charge, and said that most people resize at no charge for up to 90 days. Take it in and get a half size up. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that my wedding band may actually be a little bit thicker than my e-ring.  I wish someone in the store would have mentioned that it might feel tighter since the thicknesses were different.

And I do have a lifetime ring resizing with my ring, so technically I could have it resized as many times as needed.  I'm definitely going to have to take it back to have it resized again.  I was just a little sad, because I was planning on wearing my band when I was at work instead of my e-ring because I didn't want to keep banging up my e-ring at work.  Oh well, I guess another 2 weeks won't kill me!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards