Snarky Brides

nobody here but us chickens

1234568»

Re: nobody here but us chickens

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:1ab9e56c-bfd8-442d-8892-6bed9e334d42">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I am misinterpreting, and I apologize if I am, but if you couldn't give your child up you probably also wouldn't choose abortion. Does that make sense?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

It's logical, but probably not the truth a lot of times. I think a lot of people take the abortion route because it's supposedly easier (don't have the pregnancy/attachment/labor) as opposed to adoption. I would think that most of the people who do adoptions though are opposed to abortion for personal or religious reasons though.
  • Off topic,. the movie is finally over. I was trying not to pay attention. It was awful, and didn't really have an ending. I'm so confused as to how it got any awards. There was lots of action, but no resolution. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think, for me, sex should come with accountability. I think that abortion should be legal, but I think that counseling should be required first.

If I am having sex and get pregnant, then I should deal with those consequences whether or not it is easy or convenient.I don't believe that life begins immediately at conception, but late term abortion makes me feel queasy, and I do think partial birth abortion should be illegal.
  • Aprove, I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. :(
  • For me, late term abortions must be due to a genuine medical need in order to be okay.  Also, I don't know many doctors willing to do them without a need or for a serious reason. 
  • Agreed. I think abortion is used as a birth control way too often. I'm sure it will never happen, but I really think teaching kids about abortions (medically) would help bring that statistic down. Most people (even college aged) think it's just an easy procedure, like getting a shot. Actually reading/seeing what goes on might be a little scarier and discourage them from thinking that's the easy way out.

One of the ladies on my ttc board had 4 abortions, she is currently 26. Now she's having problems getting pregnant and can't imagine why. Her doctor basically said her uterus is so scarred it will never happen, but he's just being mean and doesn't want to "fix it" according to her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:ad04d515-7123-4401-9b6f-760fdb3d0739">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aprove, I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. :(

I'm okay now.  It happened like a week after we'd come to terms with everything and we were psyched.  Sometimes nature and life aren't fair.  The worst part was 2 weeks afterwards I was in my BFF's wedding as the maid of honor.  I was very sick from the hormones and was miserable.  I looked like a mess in the photos.  <sigh />
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:cfd4d564-fa1f-4b8a-992a-537237a3c885">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. I think abortion is used as a birth control way too often. I'm sure it will never happen, but I really think teaching kids about abortions (medically) would help bring that statistic down. Most people (even college aged) think it's just an easy procedure, like getting a shot. Actually reading/seeing what goes on might be a little scarier and discourage them from thinking that's the easy way out. One of the ladies on my ttc board had 4 abortions, she is currently 26. Now she's having problems getting pregnant and can't imagine why. Her doctor basically said her uterus is so scarred it will never happen, but he's just being mean and doesn't want to "fix it" according to her.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  4 abortions??  I should say I knew a girl in high school who had 3 abortions in 4 years.  All of us (group of friends) started to judge her.....until she confessed that her father was raping her.  Yay, now I try not to judge why people are having abortions. 

Later on she finally got the nerve up to report him to child services since this was all happening when we were 16-17.  Scary crap.
  • I am sure I don't need to go into details about how late term and partial birth abortions are performed, but in those cases, I think the baby should be delivered and every effort should be made to save it. The baby dying in the manner in which it does, does not in any way help the mother's health.

• Yeah that's scary and really sad :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:f9188c8c-d3c3-4194-b58d-e58334cee253">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Cher :( MC's suck.

Thanks for the thoughts!  I just cannot wait to see pictures of you preggers!!!!  It'll be happening soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:91559cee-6d31-457b-a800-178f0bac8d6a">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sure I don't need to go into details about how late term and partial birth abortions are performed, but in those cases, I think the baby should be delivered and every effort should be made to save it. The baby dying in the manner in which it does, does not in any way help the mother's health.

I do think there should be restrictions on abortions after the first four months. 
  • 4 abortions? That is just sickening. I agree, we need education. There are herbal ways to induce miscarriage as well, which work early on in the pregnancy and are less medically invasive.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:93c40013-e94b-4017-a056-4c44ea51f653">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: nobody here but us chickens : I do think there should be restrictions on abortions after the first four months. 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

See, we are on opposite ends of the politcal spectrum and we agree on this. I think if people would stop looking at abortion on either end of the extreme, we could make some actual progress.
  • One day. I just keep reminding myself that the universe gave me the perfect house, so I just need to trust it with the pregnancy too. At least now people can't give us the "oh you should be married for a few years first" line like they had been.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:e6b467f1-9f36-421f-9ba7-59955c6b1396">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]4 abortions? That is just sickening. I agree, we need education. There are herbal ways to induce miscarriage as well, which work early on in the pregnancy and are less medically invasive.

I'm also for the herbal options as well.
  • You will be an adorable pregnant lady Katie! Even that perfect house took a lot of time. I remember when you were looking and kept running into so many roadblocks. It looks like those were all for the best.

Aprove- What happened with the kitties?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:a6ef5947-8106-420b-a518-591c17f89b42">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: nobody here but us chickens : See, we are on opposite ends of the politcal spectrum and we agree on this. I think if people would stop looking at abortion on either end of the extreme, we could make some actual progress.

Exactly!  There is a middle ground but most people that are that extreme don't want to hear about compromise.
  • It's interesting looking at miscarriages from the keeping end of the spectrum too. There are entire chapters of books devoted to nothing but "avoid these foods/drinks/activites" to avoid a miscarriage. How have we not tapped into those resources?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:41eb734a-4318-47e3-bf35-4175a6efaafb">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]One day. I just keep reminding myself that the universe gave me the perfect house, so I just need to trust it with the pregnancy too. At least now people can't give us the "oh you should be married for a few years first" line like they had been.

People are so silly.  I got a comment today from someone who wanted to know why we are rushing to the altar (since I'm just 25).  Ummmmmm we've been together for almost 8 years now!!
  • Have you ever heard of the book Cuunt? I have been reading it sporadically. It's good- talks about antimony between women, cultural differences, etc. That is where I read about herbal abortions.

My mom is very into natural medicine. My herbs have gotten my off most of my asthma meds.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:d8acd0f7-e8bc-43a8-a26e-b76209482793">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's interesting looking at miscarriages from the keeping end of the spectrum too. There are entire chapters of books devoted to nothing but "avoid these foods/drinks/activites" to avoid a miscarriage. How have we not tapped into those resources?

Very true......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:f0c990d0-7a38-4e11-a8ab-f5630c2154f6">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever heard of the book Cuunt? I have been reading it sporadically. It's good- talks about antimony between women, cultural differences, etc. That is where I read about herbal abortions. My mom is very into natural medicine. My herbs have gotten my off most of my asthma meds.

I think I'll look into the book.  Does the book have any recommendations about healthier pregnancies or fertility??
  • Not that I've read. It's a mix of memoir/social commentary. The author had 2 abortions and talks about how painful they were. For her 3rd unwanted pregnancy she tried the herbal route, and it was succesfull. (It seems weird to put it that way.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:285d82e3-de4a-47d7-8855-814940529f3b">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not that I've read. It's a mix of memoir/social commentary. The author had 2 abortions and talks about how painful they were. For her 3rd unwanted pregnancy she tried the herbal route, and it was succesfull. (It seems weird to put it that way.)

My miscarriage was awfully painful.  I cannot imagine how an abortion would feel.  In fact I'm not going to imagine it.
  • Okay ladies, I am off to bed. Goodnight future pretty mamas!
  • I'll have to check that one out Jas.

When I finally do get pregnant I'm just printing off the lists and putting them on the fridge. It's just too much.

And it's 1am...oops, bedtime for me! Talk to you ladies tomorrow :)
  • NIght girls!  Sweet dreams!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards