Wedding Reception Forum

Pocket invitations

Do I need to include directions? I am finding it really difficult to give directions I church, hotel, and reception from so many different ways ... Can I just include the addresses of the above? I feel like most everyone has some type of GPS anyway... Help!

Re: Pocket invitations

• some people may not have GPS such as older guests.  i would put directions the most direct way
  • They are taking up SO much room with the directions to the church, te reception, and the hotel.. I wanted "directions" to be one of the inserts in the pocket, and it is insanely long and def won't fit! It's driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_pocket-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:5f592193-a77e-4ae3-8edf-f3e56377be2cPost:55e458f8-3b3a-472a-af84-007c8ec0b1ff">Pocket invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do I need to include directions? I am finding it really difficult to give directions I church, hotel, and reception from so many different ways ... Can I just include the addresses of the above? I feel like most everyone has some type of GPS anyway... Help!
    Posted by LeeJack10[/QUOTE]

Can you do a two sided direction list?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How complicated are the directions?  Can you print a map that has all of the relevant locations labeled?  I don't think you need to put directions from every possible location, especially not to the hotel.  You could have a few different options for the church directions (from the hotel, from the north, from the south), and then you only need directions to the reception from the church.  

If most people will be coming from out of town, you can put detailed directions in the hotel rooms for guests if you are doing welcome bags and take care of it that way.
  • Just start from the major Highway nearby or N/S. Put basic directions from highway to church and from church to reception. Also do proximity of hotel to highway (the Mariott is located 1.5 miles from exit 45 on I495).
    Do you have a wedding website? You can put more detailed directions there.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_pocket-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5f592193-a77e-4ae3-8edf-f3e56377be2cPost:55e458f8-3b3a-472a-af84-007c8ec0b1ff">Pocket invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do I need to include directions? I am finding it really difficult to give directions I church, hotel, and reception from so many different ways ... Can I just include the addresses of the above? I feel like most everyone has some type of GPS anyway... Help!
    Posted by LeeJack10[/QUOTE]

I'd include directions, just in case someone doesn't have a GPS or online means of getting them.

Are there places near your reception venue where large numbers of the possible routes would merge into each other and then continue to the venue from that location?  If so, I'd provide directions instructing drivers to take the routes to those locations and then issue more detailed directions beginning at those locations.
  • Assuming that all the guests are invited to the ceremony and reception, you should provide printed directions from the hotel and the nearest highway to the church and the church to the reception. That's three sets of directions.

Have you checked the church and reception venue websites for simple directions?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards