Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Savvi - pocket squares & shoes

Does anyone know if pocket squares and shoes are optional at Savvi? We were told that they're part of a package price, but I know that some formal wear shops treat them as a commissioned-add on. I'm not a big fan of pocket squares (they can look lumpy) and I know most of our groomsmen will not want to rent shoes. Did anyone else nix the shoes and/or pocket squares, and did it lower the price of the tuxedo pkg?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Savvi - pocket squares & shoes

• edited December 2011
    You can definitely rent tuxes without those. FI has his own shoes that he will be wearing, and we're not doing pocket squares. They wanted us to do pocket squares, and it was an additional couple dollars for each on top of the "Accessories" package. I think the Accessories are the cufflinks, shoes, and maybe socks. I can't remember. Long story short: yes you can rent without getting shoes or pocket squares. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto ef.  It didn't lower the package by a huge amount - I think the pocket square was $4 and the shoes were $15ish. 
    MSP Boards Signature Challenge: You and Your Flower Girl Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpls6256mpls6256 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Beka,

I am not sure where you are located in the Twin Cities, but I have been working with the store manager at the Savvi located inside Ridgedale Mall. Her name is Jessie and she is awesome to work with. I remember asking similar questions about packages and she worked with me to get me what I wanted at a great price (tux rentals without the squares  but with shoes $121). We are using the shoes, so I don't know if my mumbling post will help or not! ;-)

I am sure all the people at the Savvi locations are great to work with, but Jessie sticks out as being extra helpful and answered every question I had.

Julie
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I remember, the pocket squares are additional, but each guy gets the keep theirs...I could be making that up...but I swear that's what they told us when we first went.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info everyone - I called and requested to ditch the squares and shoes and they knocked down the price by $20. Exactly what I had hoped for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards