Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Reasonably priced reception venues

I'm planning my Pittsburgh wedding from out of town and have done so much internet research but now I'm feeling overwhelmed.  We checked out 3 places this past weekend, but with no luck so it's back to square oneUndecided  I thought I had a lead, the Concordia Club, only to find out it has been sold and is being renovated by Pitt.  Does anyone have any suggestions of reception locations are priced in the $45-$55/pp range? I appreciate any help I can get!!! Laughing
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reasonably priced reception venues

• edited December 2011
    The Fez, in Aliquippa PA is amazing. Our estimate is about $33/pp, but that number can go up or down, depending on what you decide you want to do. They specialize in weddings exclusively, and you get a free wedding cake out of it. They work directly with Brenda McGee, whose cakes are INCREDIBLE. I'll include a link to the Fez and to Brenda's site. I highly recommend them!

www.thefez.com
    www.weddingcakesbybrenda.net
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Edgewood Country Club. They will work with your budget (mine pp is at your lower end). The other perk with them is that they don't nickle and dime you for things like cake cutting, boxing of cookies, etc. We're using the Vista Lounge, it's their smaller space--not sure how many are on your list, but it might be a great consideration.

I can send you what he put together at my price level, PM me if you would like to see that. Good luck!
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the lemont actually falls in to that price range, believe it or not.

and for the record, the fez is actually about 30 minutes outside of the city. i grew up down the road from the fez and am good friends with some of the owners.
  • edited December 2011
    The Lemont technically is in that price range...except that would not include alcohol so if you are planning on having alcohol at the reception it's going to cost more than the 45-55.  They quoted me at about 75/pp with an open bar.  There's a place in Baldwin that fits that price range - Wendell Inn.  They work with Chez Anthony catering.  I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if it's nice or not, but the contact there is Denise. 

Good luck!  I am planning mine from out of town, don't have a reception site yet, and am doing myriads of online research as well, so I know how you are feeling!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's true. not all places give quotes including alcohol, some do packages, but none of the venues we looked at gave packages. we did a wine & beer open bar to keep the cost down.
  • edited December 2011
    The LeMont... Huh. That's a new suggestion.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know right? it isn't like we don't recommend the same photog's, dj's and reception venues on a daily basis.
  • edited December 2011
    Pot...kettle...black?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Carlyanne -- YGPM!  (Private message!)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    screw lEmOnT! im havin mine at Pen Island. it is the best ever cheep n pritty.

pen island.com is the website
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions and feel free to keep them coming!  So far, I'm planning on checking out the Edgewood Club and possibly the Edgeworth Club (stunning!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception for 35-39 pp (depending on meal choice) at Banquets Unlimited. They include everything from the linens, centerpieces, open bar to the cake. The food is absolutely amazing as well! They have locations in Irwin and Wilmerding.
  • cathrynlehmancathrynlehman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love, love, love the Edgeworth club, but I think you may have to be a member. If not, go for that, it's beautiful!!!!
  • LTBarbieLTBarbie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Fez was terrible! DO NOT go there. Don't waste your time. Terrible service. They had high school kids serving my guests, who stole our candy bar favors and were eating them. Most of my guests did not get served cake (they only cut the middle layer for 100 guests) and the ones who did were not served coffee or silverware even after the guests asked for it. I, the bride, was never served a drink of water or offered a drink from the bar. The bartender was rude until my guests tipped her (which was included in the price WE paid). I can go on and on

Also, the DJ they provided completely blew it. He cause the power to go out during the father/daughter dance and made a huge scene how it was the photographers fault (who brought their own generator and their lights were still on), he played no new music, yelled at my little sister (who was a bridesmaid) for requesting a song...... His name was DJ Tom Danylo.

• LTBarbieLTBarbie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You would never guess they specialized in only weddings. They acted like this was their first one. Brenda's cake was awesome and very tasty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards