New York-New York City

Hair and Makeup Artist

Hey just looking for some recommendations for a Hair/Makeup Artist but I do not want to pay over $500 including travel fees. My Fiance and I are eloping in NYC, next year. So I will Not be able to have a trial, which is a little bit of a nightmare after some of the posts I have read of brides going on trial after trial and not liking anything. Please help!!!  : )

Thanks!

Re: Hair and Makeup Artist

• edited December 2011
    Try Oooh LaLa Makeup by LaLa. I used her for my girls night out just a couple of weeks ago and she was really good. Very cheap around $40 each.
  • Cinderella30Cinderella30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Search for Margie Bresciani.  She's doing my hair and makeup for my wedding next week.  If she can get to you by train she charges no travel fees.  Super sweet and great at what she does. 

• edited December 2011
    Sabrina from Event Remembered.  Great work and very good prices!  Hopefully she is not booked for your date :) Good luck!
  • lisams922lisams922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi a friend of mine is a make-up artist for MAC Cosmetics.  She does fashion shows, weddings, and all types of events.  She works and lives in Queens, but will travel without cost.  If you are interested, please e-mail me, and she can e-mail you photos of current makeovers she has done.  She also does hair.  My e-mail address is lisams922@gmail.com

Thanks,

Lisa
  • edited December 2011
    I'm interested in this as well - 
    When do you guys recommend booking a hair/makeup person? I'm a little over 10 months out, and hadn't even thought about looking for one yet, but now I'm getting a little nervous.. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would fully recommend Anni Bruno for make-up.  She is doing my make-up and did it for my engagement pics, too.  She is really good and easy to work with.  http://www.nycfaces.net/makeup/ She can provide recommendations for hair stylists as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking into some great makeup artists:

Daniel Deleno
    Christina Amador
    Kelly Stanger with Glam Me UP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards