Not Engaged Yet

My poor pup:(

Well, he's not a pup, but he IS my baby.

FI and I took him to the vet last night because he hasn't been chewing his bones that much and he loves his bones. He's also been trembling his jaw, which is read can be a sign of mouth pain, so I figured he had gngivites and just needed a teeth cleaning.

Turns out, he fractured his tooth on a bone and the nerve has been hanging out. I feel awful for not realizing my dog has been in so much pain.

We're taking him in this morning for his surgery so they can fix his tooth. He has to go all the way under general anethesia:( They will also treat his double ear infection (again, poor dog) and x-ray his hips for hip dysplasia.

This was our first time at this particular vet, and while they come highly recommended, and she seems amazing, I'm so nervous! I can't imagine if anything would happen to him. I just need to get through today. I'm so happy he'll be feeling better.

FI fought me about buying health insurance, but I ended up getting it at the beginning of May. Thank God too, because they have a 2 week waiting period, and we just got by it, and now they'll cover the entire expense of his meds, surgery, x-rays, etc.

And to AW my sweet boy again:

FI and Boswell enjoying the nice weather a few weeks ago. Please don't mind FI's "lounging" clothes!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My poor pup:(

• Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  Good thing about buying the health insurance.  I hope he is ok soon!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_my-poor-pup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e6ad5ea3-7f84-4ff1-b91b-339ffbbaa70dPost:3040afd1-5af2-46fb-904a-eb41f2d1203f">Re: My poor pup:(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  Good thing about buying the health insurance.  I hope he is ok soon!!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Me too. I am already a nervous person, so I'm trying to keep myself from googling anything about it!
  • He will be fine, he is so cute!

Anniversary

• Aw, poor guy. 

If it helps:  I fractured one of my back molars two years ago in a tubing accident (haha).  The tooth cracked cleanly up the middle and half of it fell off, so the nerve was exposed.  It really wasn't that painful.  If something a lot hotter or colder than my mouth touched it, it hurt, but I wasn't like in pain all the time.  I'm sure if Boswell had been really suffering you would have know it.
  • Awww poor little guy! I know he will be fine but I will keep y'all in my prayers today. Its always nerve racking when your dog has to have surgery. When my Fiyero got fixed I was nuts all day until they called me to say he was out of surgery and ok.

Hopefully he will be able to enjoy his bones again very soon!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_my-poor-pup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e6ad5ea3-7f84-4ff1-b91b-339ffbbaa70dPost:997621bf-26ce-4c2d-a2a3-f2e8b0024cbe">Re: My poor pup:(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, poor guy.  If it helps:  I fractured one of my back molars two years ago in a tubing accident (haha).  The tooth cracked cleanly up the middle and half of it fell off, so the nerve was exposed.  It really wasn't that painful.  If something a lot hotter or colder than my mouth touched it, it hurt, but I wasn't like in pain all the time.  I'm sure if Boswell had been really suffering you would have know it.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

That makes me feel better. The vet kept saying how painful it was, and I just felt awful. We just got back from dropping him, and he tried to follow us back out! Broke my heart...
  • Poor pup.  It absolutely sucks when our animals are in pain and I know the feeling of guilt when you don't really know they are in pain until they are really in pain.  Ugh, and the following you when you try to leave them at the vet?  Breaks your heart.   Don't feel bad (or try not to)...your pup will be good as new in a few hours.  Hang in there and let us know how it goes.  Maybe get Boswell something he loves and rarely gets (that won't hurt his teeth) to make yourself feel better in the interim. 
  • :( I am sorry your dog got hurt.  I am glad the vet was so good though.

Warning: This post was written after being up for over 30 hours.  I tried to type dad instead of dog and now instead of though.  I am not making very much sense.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Im so sorry to hear your poor pup was hurting! Dont beat yourself up over not realizing it, dogs and cats dont show pain like we do, it can take a while to notice that theres anything wrong with them.
    Its rough knowing your pet isin pain, but hell feel better soon! 
    And im glad you got insurance! When i worked at my old job, the head vet got insurance for her golden. One day, the golden ate a pair of her underwear, and ended up needing emergency surgery. It would have cost her 16,000$ to keep him alive without insurance, and 2500$ with it!
    Your pup looks very sweet, good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh no, poor puppy!  At lease he's getting the care he needs now! My kitty broke one of her teeth and she is just fine.  I'm sure your pup will be too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards