Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made?

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated:

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet?

Favorite part about this time of year:

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? I don't know how to sew on my own, but I know how to pin the fabric, cut out the patterns, etc. I helped my mom make my homecoming dress when I was in 10th grade. Now when I look at it, I think "WHAT the HELL was I THINKING?!" It was this awful pepto bismol pink!
    What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Hmm, Avatar probably. I knew going in that it was supposed to be  a feast for the eyes. I just found it WAY too cheesy!
    Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? We already decided what we're going to be for the parade. I have to make the costumes now. We're going to be Wall-e and Eve!
    Favorite part about this time of year: Kids going back to school and not bothering my street! Wow, I sound like a grumpy old man.
    At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? 3rd grade.

My Planning Bio
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made?
    I do sew.  In law school, I made the curtains in my apartment.  I made a beautiful wrap for my mom to use in my brother's wedding last year.  I also made the cover for a window seat cushion.  I've never had a sewing machine so I still do everything by hand like my grandma taught me.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated:
    Pearl Harbor, Burn After Reading

Not yet.  First Halloween here.  The best one was at the Rock Hall in Cleveland.

Favorite part about this time of year:
    The cooler air and the leaves changing color.
    For me, school stopped being fun in the third grade.  My teacher had her appendix out and was gone for a month.  The school gave us a sub who was a missionary nun.  Instead of teaching anything, we were her little work force filling vitamin bottles and doing others things for her next mission - of course at the time no one complained because it was kind of fun.  18 kids in that class and all 18 of us struggled in school until high school.  Amazing how losing just one month can put you behind.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? Not really.  I can do the basics, patch a hole or fix a button and that's about it.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated:  Most of M. Night Shyamalans movies, especially Lady in the Water.  His worst...so far.
    Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? Hadn't really thought about it.  Probably just hand out candy to the neighborhood kids, I don't dress up or anything.

Favorite part about this time of year:  It's almost fall!  I LOVE fall.

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work?  Middle school
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? I can sew on buttons, but that's the extent of my sewing knowledge. It's something I've always wanted to learn how to do. 

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Titanic. My goodness that movie was awful. It never ended and I never cared about a single person on that ship.

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? We'll be on our honeymoon!

Favorite part about this time of year: Life goes back to normal. People who I work with stop taking vacations all at the same time so my workload isn't out of this world.

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? Sixth grade. That was the year "crayons and water colors" fell off the school supply list and "scientific calculator" replaced them. It was all down hill from there.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? Yup.  Most recently, I made a (ghetto) pouch to hold my Nike+ sensor.  It gets the job done.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: AVATAR.

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? No.

Favorite part about this time of year: My birthday?  It's today :)

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? Junior year of college.

• Happy birthday Joy! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy birthday Joy....

And OMG Licia, I love the whole "calculator" thing you wrote. Hilarious.
    My Planning Bio
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? Nope.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Donnie Darko.

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? Nope.  It's the weekend before the wedding, if I can pull of a costume I'll be shocked.

Favorite part about this time of year: That it's almost autumn!

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? Eh...I enjoyed school right up into college, so I'm a bad example.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? I can do some minor sewing...made some little pillows and stuff, and I took classes in high school, I can patch holes and sew buttons and that's about it...
    What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Napoleon Dynamite...I thought that movie was STUPID...
    Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? Our first thought was that FI, a couple of our friends and my kids (yes...my kids...) were going to do a whole Jeff Dunham thing...but I don't know how that will work out because I'm supposed to be Peanut and that's alot of sewing hahaha
    Favorite part about this time of year: school year starts!
    At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? Probably first grade...that's when you stop having naps and start having homework...
  • edited August 2010
    Know how to sew? My grandmother taught be how to cross stitch. I have made pretty designs on throws, pillow cases, etc. I know enough about sewing to fix things or hem pants. I actually had to fix something on my wedding dress last weekend just before my bridal portraits.

Movie with lots of hype but sucked? Avatar, burn after readings, m. knight shyamalan movies. I think movies with lots of top actors have a hard time being good. "Valentine's Day" was just ok for all the A-list actors they had in it.

Halloween? My neighbors, who we recently became friends with (I could get into a whole other wedding related post), wants to have a block party. My mom is having surgery days before and my "then" DH will be working. I don't think it is going to happen.

Favorite thing about this time of year(fall?)? I like the weather being perfect, smell of burning leaves, trees changing colors, etc. I love fall and usually vacation around the first of October. Of course this year my favorite thing is getting married and going on the honeymoon.

School isn't fun? I always liked school...just not the people I had to go there with.
    Anniversary
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Happy Birthday Joy!  Doing anything special?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? Not really.  I can patch minor holes and sew on buttons.  I did make two robin hood style hats out of felt for H and I to match the theme of a canoe trip we went on over the summer.  It was fairly easy.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Napoleon Dynamite.  I think that movie is much more fun to talk about and quote than it was to watch. 

We have two friends getting married on October 30 (which is when we probably would've had our Halloween party)  We are thinking about having a party the week before that.  I haven't figured out what I am dressing up as yet.  My two favorites right now are a vampire (I've always liked vamps...been a big fan since Buffy/Angel) or Alice in Wonderland.

Favorite part about this time of year: Apple orchards and pumpkin patches!

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? I don't really remember when it stopped being fun.
  • Happy Birthday Joy!

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-202?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a2203986-e792-4d2f-b987-ffbaa135c57fPost:a507ec7f-db9f-4055-8916-1d81aead470e">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Napoleon Dynamite.  I think that movie is much more fun to talk about and quote than it was to watch.  Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

Yep
    Anniversary
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made?  I can do the basics.  It's been a long time since I've even attempted anything complex, but I can do patches and such, and I sewed the flowers onto the fabric cuffs for the corsages for the wedding.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated:  9.  I actually got paid and on TV and everything for talking about how bad it was.  I want to say there was something else along those lines that we saw more recently, but I could be thinking of the Five Guys burger, which was the same deal.

BTW, a movie that is totally not over-hyped is Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  Highly recommend seeing that one on a big screen, totally worth it.

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet?  I've given a vague thought that we should probably come up with something to do.  It's on a Sunday night, though, so we'll probably end up going to bed early because of work.  Stupid work.

Favorite part about this time of year:  It starting to cool down!  I can't wait until we can stop running the A/C all day.

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work?  School was fun?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made?  yup!  Mostly I just cross-stitch, but I've made pillows too.  I also  fix seams, resew buttons, etc.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: Napolean Dynamite, Princess Bride, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Fight Club

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? pirate.  I have an eye patch from a few weeks ago...

Favorite part about this time of year: school starts!

I thought it kept getting better, until I hit grad school.  It esp got better when we stopped having gym and art (10th grade).  I guess I had to start working a little in 11th grade, but learning chemistry and calculus was better than having to correct my 7th grade science teacher.  Maybe it hadn't been such a good idea to ask the teacher if she wanted the answer she'd told us or the *correct* answer....
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Aww!  Thank you for the birthday wishes!  (And the cake, suz!  Super cute!)

tldh - we are going to Le Bec Fin in Center City.  They're having a special until the end of the summer on meals.  I've never been because it's so posh and pretentious, but I'm excited to see the inside for an affordable price!
  • Do you know how to sew? If so, what have you made? I can do it if I need to--my mom is really crafty, so she tried to teach me how to do all kinds of stuff when I was younger.  I've made some pillows, totes, and an awesome vest in 5th grade...but without my mom's help, I can't do much more than sew a button on.

What movie have you seen that had TONS of hype about but you hated: The Hangover.  I wouldn't say I hated it, but it definitely did not live up to the hype.

Have you thought about what you are doing for halloween yet? No, but I can't wait!

Favorite part about this time of year: Breaking out my sweaters and carving pumpkins!

At what age do you think school stops becoming fun and starts becoming work? 5th grade.  I remember that was the year we didn't get a second recess, and our teachers started really treating us like "big kids" and we had to write a one page essay every week.  No fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards