Not Engaged Yet

Intro Thread

I am 23. I will be turning 24 the end of February. I have a 3 year old daughter and a son who will be 4 months old on Feb 7. My So and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary in November. He is not the biological father of my daughter but is the best dad I could ever ask for for her. He's great. And my son looks just like my SO. My SO and I originally had discussed getting engaged and married within the last year however between my sister getting married and us getting pregnant as well as job issues and finances we decided it best to wait till we were more settled and in a better place. I am enrolled in school online right now whie I work part time and am working on a promotion. Um....I've sort of researched different things here and there but that's about it. I guess that's me in a nutshell? lol :)

Re: Intro Thread

• What are you studying in school?

• Welcome! How did you and SO meet?
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • hi. Welcome. You thread a lot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:fb3af407-5ccc-4424-ac25-181f7f23c826">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi. Welcome. You thread a lot.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    Man, true that. OP, maybe you should also comment in a few more threads before posting more of your own posts.

• I posted in the introduce yourself thread. I'll also lurk some more to see what else is being said :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:9eb87979-f1af-4915-907e-6a37698ab389">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are you studying in school?
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Elementary Education</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:d4407df2-e6ae-40e4-a6fb-eadd4da6fd93">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! How did you and SO meet?
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We share mutual friends. We hung out with the same people but never at the same time. His best friend also used to date my best friend. So it was really only a matter of time since we shared an immediate group of mutual acquatences and friends.</div>
  • Hi there. Do you have any furbabies?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:727282c1-1d72-42b5-b42a-7ee92cb12f61">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there. Do you have any furbabies?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No sadly. I am allergic to cats and dogs, plus we have an infant and a toddler and that seems enough for us. We also currently live in a apartment and should be moving into a condo in July that is 1458 sq ft, but still no yard. SO doesn't want any pets :(</div>
  • Screen Name:melissadavis0226

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: restaurant business

What SO Does: construction

State of Relationship: bf/gf

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years

How You Met: mutual friends

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):

Real Babies: 2, 1 boy, 1 girl

Fur Babies: none :(

Loves: my laptop way too much, brownies, midori sour and redbulls, office supplies shopping, cupcakes, sunglasses, coloring my hair, changing the look of my hair, pedicures, massages, my SO of course, my children, Dublin Dr. Pepper (RIP :( ), shopping for my kids, chipotle tobasco sauce

Hates: rude people, ignorant people, slow drivers, slow walkers, people who cut you off in the store, people who don't tip accordingly, rich b**** attitudes and mentalities, people who think they are better than you

Pet Peeves: people who can't spell or use grammar correctly, non-tipping people, people who stereotype, kids with dirty faces

Hobbies/Activities: spending time on my computer, babywearing with my son, window shopping for anything really, being a stay at home mom most days

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. He really cares about people who care about him. He is a fantastic father as well.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his bar habit and his shitty friends

Describe Your Personality: pretty blunt in most situations, slightly OCD about certain things, don't like to be judged or stereotyped, friendly, outgoing, talkative

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I guess 2

I've Been On TK Since: today lol :)

How You Came to Be On TK: heard about it

How I like my potatoes: any way possible except raw. Love me some potatoes especially Pluckers twice baked potatoe casserole YUMM!

Favorite book/author: Not big on reading books, they don't hold my interest long enough, so I'll state my favorite magazine, which would be Cosmo

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I like to research on the interent about various things even when they don't apply to me or are too far into the future.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:9c893f29-08e1-43b5-bbb8-9423e5a83032">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name:melissadavis0226 Age:23 --birthdate Feb 26 :) Significant Other's Age: 28 What You Do: restaurant business What SO Does: construction State of Relationship: bf/gf How Long You've Been Together:<strong> 2 years</strong> How You Met: mutual friends Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Real Babies: 2, 1 boy, 1 girl Fur Babies: none :( Loves: my laptop way too much, brownies, <strong>midori sour</strong> and redbulls, office supplies shopping, cupcakes, sunglasses, coloring my hair, changing the look of my hair, pedicures, massages, my SO of course, my children, Dublin Dr. Pepper (RIP :( ), shopping for my kids, chipotle tobasco sauce Hates: rude people, ignorant people, slow drivers, slow walkers, people who cut you off in the store, people who don't tip accordingly, rich b**** attitudes and mentalities, people who think they are better than you Pet Peeves: people who can't spell or use grammar correctly, non-tipping people, people who stereotype, kids with dirty faces Hobbies/Activities: spending time on my computer, <strong>babywearing</strong> with my son, window shopping for anything really, being a stay at home mom most days Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. He really cares about people who care about him. He is a fantastic father as well. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: <strong>his bar habit and his shitty friends </strong>Describe Your Personality: pretty blunt in most situations, slightly OCD about certain things, don't like to be judged or stereotyped, friendly, outgoing, talkative Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I guess 2 I've Been On TK Since: today lol :) How You Came to Be On TK: heard about it How I like my potatoes: any way possible except raw. Love me some potatoes especially Pluckers twice baked potatoe casserole YUMM! Favorite book/author: Not big on reading books, they don't hold my interest long enough, so I'll state my favorite magazine, which would be Cosmo Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: <strong>I like to research on the interent about various things even when they don't apply to me or are too far into the future.
    </strong>Posted by melissadavis0226[/QUOTE]

So have you been together for 2 or 3 years?

You sound really immature to me.

What is "babywearing?"

What is your SO's bar habit?  Why are his friends shitty?

ETA:  Does this mean you are preplanning your wedding?
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:ce996c82-1e89-46e6-b291-9cb09f50dcf2">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro Thread : So have you been together for 2 or 3 years? You sound really immature to me. What is "babywearing?" What is your SO's bar habit?  Why are his friends shitty? ETA:  Does this mean you are preplanning your wedding?
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

<div>2 like I previously stated, we will be celebrating our 3 year in November. Two separate statements that still state the same thing.</div><div>
    </div><div>How can I sound immature? Babywearing is moms who have carriers and "wear" their babies to stores, parks, walks, etc. His bar habit would be going to the bar every week at least once and closing the bar...</div><div>
    </div><div>His friends are shitty because they make terrible life decisions, and they are not the kind of people I want my kids to be around alone, even though they have children of their own, but are both divorced for a reason. They come and go in his life and I just feel that they are his friends when it seems convenient.</div><div>
    </div><div>No I'm not pre planning.</div>
  • edited January 2012
    I wasn't meaning to do the whole "We've been together 2 1/2 years" like when you ask children how old they are and at a certain point they put that half in there to make it sound older. I stated 2 years, which is correct, but also stated our anniversary will make it 3. That's all, I wasn't trying to jump the gun. Just plainly stating. It does seem a lot longer at times though lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:323da6c2-9ee4-46f7-b6f7-f78536e9e798">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]SKP you highlighted that she likes midori sours and then said she sounds really immature?  Seems a bit harsh.  One of my favorite drinks of all time is an Amaretto Sour, and ordering it almost guarantees I'll get carded. But I wouldn't equate that to being immature?
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I personally just never acquired a taste for beer. If I drink i usually will order either vodka, margarita, midori sour, or some mix of liquors such as a sex on the beach. That doesn't mean I'm immature...Thank you polo for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Stereotyping based on their drink isn't right. I've worked in a bar and a restaurant and you surely can't base anybody off of what they order.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:9c893f29-08e1-43b5-bbb8-9423e5a83032">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name:melissadavis0226 Age:23 --birthdate Feb 26 :) Significant Other's Age: 28 What You Do: restaurant business What SO Does: construction State of Relationship: bf/gf How Long You've Been Together: 2 years How You Met: mutual friends Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Real Babies: 2, 1 boy, 1 girl Fur Babies: none :( Loves: my laptop way too much, brownies, midori sour and redbulls, office supplies shopping, cupcakes, sunglasses, coloring my hair, changing the look of my hair, pedicures, massages, my SO of course, my children, Dublin Dr. Pepper (RIP :( ), shopping for my kids, chipotle tobasco sauce Hates: rude people, ignorant people, slow drivers, slow walkers, people who cut you off in the store, people who don't tip accordingly, rich b**** attitudes and mentalities, people who think they are better than you Pet Peeves:<strong> people who can't spell</strong> or use grammar correctly, non-tipping people, people who stereotype, kids with dirty faces Hobbies/Activities: spending time on my computer, babywearing with my son, window shopping for anything really, being a stay at home mom most days Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. He really cares about people who care about him. He is a fantastic father as well. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his bar habit and his shitty friends Describe Your Personality: pretty blunt in most situations, slightly OCD about certain things, don't like to be judged or stereotyped, friendly, outgoing, talkative Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I guess 2 I've Been On TK Since: today lol :) How You Came to Be On TK: heard about it How I like my potatoes: any way possible except raw. Love me some potatoes especially Pluckers twice baked potatoe casserole YUMM! Favorite book/author: Not big on reading books, they don't hold my interest long enough, so I'll state my favorite magazine, which would be Cosmo Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I like to research on the interent about various things even when they don't apply to me or are too far into the future.
    Posted by melissadavis0226[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Based on some of your posts, this seems slightly hypocritical.  (I really hate being late to the game...)</div><div>
    </div><div>What do you want to do with your degree in elementary education?</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:befb493e-10e9-4423-be7b-57748ce5b510">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro Thread : Stereotyping based on their drink isn't right.
    Posted by melissadavis0226[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's absolutely the worst way to stereotype someone. Totally. Completely. It isn't right.

• What school are you going to that offers an online elem ed degree?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:dd1aec3e-33b6-41fa-ac79-855c23bafa23">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]What school are you going to that offers an online elem ed degree?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

The whole degree isn't online. I'm only finishing some classes that I need online before I have to do my student teacher internship. At that point I won't be able to work so I'm just raking two classes each available Demeter till I get to that point and taking as many online as possible because of my kids and working.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1179401-fa22-451b-b2c6-6f0dddf373caPost:441d5f16-2bde-4f77-9280-afeab41a2db1">Re: Intro Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro Thread : Based on some of your posts, this seems slightly hypocritical.  (I really hate being late to the game...) What do you want to do with your degree in elementary education?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOT

E]

I want to teach k-2nd but I want to get my master's in school counseling and then also get certified to teach gifted and talented too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards