Not Engaged Yet

Happy Black Friday!

I'm stuck at work, when I know most people are off, but I'm heading out in a couple hours.  I'm seriously annoyed with my boss for insisting we work today when the security guard told me the building is shut down and we were supposed to be off.

We're doing Friendsgiving tonight at BF's house, and then I'm going for a run tomorrow, after I sleep all of the sleeps.   I'm exhausted.  We're also apparently cleaning all day tomorrow at home, and then I'm headed back to BF's Sunday so I can get ready for my interview Monday morning at a normal time in a bathroom rather than trying to do it at either 5AM or in the car on the way to work, or on the train.

What's everyone up to today/this weekend?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Black Friday!

• I am at work right now too, only for another half an hour or so.  I'm tired and have an awful stomach ache I just want to go home and relax. 
    Tomorrow morning we are going to look at more houses and we're going to go see how again we really liked.  I'm excited but I'm trying not to be too excited.  Otherwise the rest of the weekend will be relaxing and doing some repairs around the house.

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    I'm at work for another 15-20 minutes and then I have too pick up a prescription and get my eyebrows waxed -- I've been putting it off but they're starting to look like FI's so it's definitely time to get them taken care of. I don't really have any plans for the rest of today/tonight except maybe a Dexter season 4 marathon with FI if he isn't still on my nerves. 

Tomorrow I'm going BM dress shopping with my girls! I'm a little nervous (I hate making decisions as most of you know) but mostly excited. After we're done, we're stopping at my venue so I can show them and to pick up some wine of course :)

Sunday, I have no set plans again but I might go into the city to watch football and get drunk with FI. They don't call it Sunday Funday for nothing! 

• Hello everyone!

I went shopping last night/this morning, not necessarily in pursuit of great deals, but just because I've never done the midnight Black Friday thing before and I was lonely, so it seemed like it might be fun and it actually was.  I'm a sucker for hype, so the crowds didn't bother me too much.

I'm regretting it now though.  I'm at work and so... tired...
  • Sorry you ladies have to work :/ 

I'm home alone but I am going to go to lunch with my friend here soon and maybe visit my other friend.  I am also planning on baking Pumkin spiced muffins tonight.  
    Saturday I am supposed to hang out with H but IDK what we are going to do yet.
    Sunday is a homework day. Bleh
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    Elle- Did you get anything? 

EDIT: And why are you all alone?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm not at work, and I'm not shopping! My mom's in the hospital down in my hometown, so I went to visit her and in the process had to go through one of the biggest malls in Middle Tennessee, but there wasn't any traffic because I stayed Interstate the whole way, praise be jeebus. Today I just have a voice lesson at 1 and then we're going to dinner with Tyler's parents at 4, yay!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:5f7fb828-0cdd-443c-b6cf-0921107be297">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle- Did you get anything?  EDIT: And why are you all alone?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I got lots of stuff.  I got one small gift for Nick, and like 6 for myself.  :)

*sigh* I'm all alone because I'm a pathetic spinster cat lady with nobody to love.  (That's a little over-dramatic.  I'm alone because I had to work both Wednesday and today, so traveling for Thanksgiving wasn't really an option, but all of my family live 5 hours away or more.  And I made Nick go home to spend Thanksgiving with his family in order to avoid a fight with his mom.  So I spent Thanksgiving solo.  It's all good, though.  I made a special Thanksgiving treat for the dog and the cats. :) )
  • That sucks that some of you have to work! BF's mom had to work from 11 last night to 8 this morning.

I don't have any big plans for the weekend. BF and I are hanging out with some friends tonight and I think we are going to a museum tomorrow for a project BF has to do for one of his classes.

Then I have to head back to Greeley on Sunday :( It was SO nice getting to see BF everyday for a little over a week. I hate having to go back.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:b037799d-0413-4a4b-b504-95a1c12c226b">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Black Friday! : I got lots of stuff.  I got one small gift for Nick, and like 6 for myself.  :) *sigh* I'm all alone because I'm a pathetic spinster cat lady with nobody to love.  (That's a little over-dramatic.  I'm alone because I had to work both Wednesday and today, so traveling for Thanksgiving wasn't really an option, but all of my family live 5 hours away or more.  And I made Nick go home to spend Thanksgiving with his family in order to avoid a fight with his mom.  So I spent Thanksgiving solo.  It's all good, though.  I made a special Thanksgiving treat for the dog and the cats. :) )
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    You are a good wife. I would have just been like, suck it up Nick you are staying with me.  <div>I am glad it was good even though you were alone.  Did you hear about the job yet?</div>

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Oh Elle sorry you spent thanksgiving day alone!

Anniversary

• Hey guys!! Rach, bm dress shopping was so fun. I went individually with each girl and they got to pick their own style. I didn't have to make a single decision except the color. Ask for their opinion, it will help. Elle, I'm glad you ended up having a good time. Hopefully you' be back in grad school by next thanksgiving and not as far away from family. And me. I'm still laying in bed and I'm totally okay with it. I have to go to the bank today and figure out how to get our debit cards working again. I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in years. We were sisters growing up, from 2 to 18, but I changed too fast for her in college , we're two years apart, and our friendship went south fast. She has avoided me for years, but she's been texting me more often the last year and is in town. We'll see what happens or if she flakes on me again. Still, how happy was your/Tyler's fam this thanksgiving?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:7d4f5452-2e27-44a0-b783-03430d211473">Re:Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still, how happy was your/Tyler's fam this thanksgiving?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    His aunts lost their minds. One aunt wasn't there, so one of his other aunts called her, and she said that it's good that Tyler proposed before she got there because she would whoop his ass if another holiday passed without an engagement. This aunt, of course, is the one that grasped Tyler at his grandfather's funeral and whispered in his ear 'have lots and lots of boys' because he's the last male with his surname :x.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:beffc90e-9036-456a-8354-33a28c27210d">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Black Friday! : You are a good wife. I would have just been like, suck it up Nick you are staying with me.   I am glad it was good even though you were alone.  Did you hear about the job yet?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Alas, no.  I haven't heard anything.  I was talking to a coworker from another office the other day, though, and she seems pretty confident I'm going to get it.  I'm not sure if she knows anything I don't, but the positivity was nice.  I'll be ok with it either way, honestly; I just want them to hurry up and do what they're going to do so we can hire another person and I can stop working ridiculous hours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:49927776-24f8-4e94-b199-c33438f286e4">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Today I just have a voice lesson at 1 and then we're going to dinner with Tyler's parents at 4, yay!!
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Are you a vocal major?
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I shopped online yesterday because the dryer ate the teeth out of the zipper in my favorite pair of jeans last week :(. I may hit the Disney Store online hard tonight for some things for my little girl and my mama.

FI is talking about a kohls expedition and a target one.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:4280b34f-2187-422a-a759-9929a2c65c24">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Black Friday! : Are you a vocal major?
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]
    Nah. I was a vocal performance minor during my time at Bennington, but now I just take voice for my own pleasure.

• Hanging out down at el senor's parent's house. Everyone here kind of goes to their rooms and does their own thing during the day, which is totally foreign to me. I'm used to everyone being in the family room/kitchen eating all the foods, cracking jokes, and hanging out all day. I've slowly gotten used to this over the last year or so, though. It's kinda nice, but at the same time I'm thinking, "Let's go do something!" 

Anyhow, yesterday I ate a sh!t ton of food and I plan on doing the same thing today. There's a strawberry cake, in the fridge, calling my name. After that, I might have to see if there is a starbucks around here and go find a peppermint mocha for me and a chocolate chip frap for the Bean.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:0b56e1d4-2c91-4ca6-b66f-ef90c19bf7b0">Re: Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Black Friday! : Nah. I was a vocal performance minor during my time at Bennington, but now I just take voice for my own pleasure.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I think this is fantastic. We have a lot of instruments in our home, and there is always singing gong on. Both our cats come running to the silly songs we sing about them. FI sang growing up in choir and some in the Navy I believe. I was a music composition major with vocal and violin as performance instruments during my first year of college. I played a good friend of mine's wedding procession last year.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Late as usual, but Friday I was sitting in a hunting lodge in the middle of nowhere South Dakota. The boys (my family, my cousins, bf's family, bf, his cousins, assorted other family's and friends) where out hunting while a majority of the population of the lodge was older female women. Thus I was playing the sims3 most of black friday wishing I was shopping or had internet.

With 15 chefs in the kitchen, I ate way to much that entire week! Thanksgiving especially!!! And they sent home goody bags of food........ :D
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:af3a8639-ea77-4383-b248-19fb32096435Post:7d4f5452-2e27-44a0-b783-03430d211473">Re:Happy Black Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys!! Rach, bm dress shopping was so fun. <strong>I went individually with each girl and they got to pick their own style. I didn't have to make a single decision except the color.</strong> Ask for their opinion, it will help. Elle, I'm glad you ended up having a good time. Hopefully you' be back in grad school by next thanksgiving and not as far away from family. And me. I'm still laying in bed and I'm totally okay with it. I have to go to the bank today and figure out how to get our debit cards working again. I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in years. We were sisters growing up, from 2 to 18, but I changed too fast for her in college , we're two years apart, and our friendship went south fast. She has avoided me for years, but she's been texting me more often the last year and is in town. We'll see what happens or if she flakes on me again. Still, how happy was your/Tyler's fam this thanksgiving?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    Love this.
  • I'm looking forward to Black friday being more prominent in the UK with online offers :)
    All those sales remind me of our boxing day (after xmas day).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards