Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:23b47cea-e4e4-48e3-89d7-6e733e4035e4">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : This. I also Judge people who wear very little clothing, and get angry when they are gawked at by men. I'm not saying it's ok to objectify women, but come on, when you got dressed to go to the mall did you decide " oh I'll wear the lowest cut shirt and shortest skirt I own, and no one is gonna look at me" No, you said "dang I look good" so don't get mad when someone pays attention to what you have put onto display.
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]

I guess I agree, but I REALLY judge guys who can't control themselves when a woman dressed in revealing clothes walks by. I mean, is it really totally involuntary when you whistle or catcall? You can't just quickly admire her and move on; you have to make it really obvious?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've felt similarly, Beach - I hadn't thought of things being gifts though. Or like, owning your car before you went on food stamps and stuff. I still judge it, but now I think more about it before I jump to conclusions. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:431a82fa-4909-4e31-ae56-d0d55ccd1076">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>How on earth can you tell that the jewelry is expensive</strong>?  I mean, unless I'm checking the karat stamp on the inside of something and looking at the diamonds through a lupe, I dont know if something is real or fake at a distant glance.  And I've worked as a jeweler for a living.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I have to say about that debate. I wouldn't know if something was Wal-Mart or Tiffany if it bit me in the face.

I judge people who can't grasp simple grammar concepts. It's "I saw so and so" not "I seen so and so".

I also judge people who still think that tanning is OK. And I even judge people a little who are addicted to spray tanning. I just don't get the appeal. It almost always looks unnatural.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:1b500e0d-15a1-4c18-84a6-dff825d1ed58">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not gonna lie, I know its an UO, but yeah I generally judge people on welfare and food stamps driving expensive cars, with iphones, designer purses and shoes, etc.  Yes, I know there are always exceptions where it's family jewelry, or they had a good job and lost it.  But I'm from a city and area where welfare abuse is rampant, and probably 7 out of 10 people on welfare are abusing it, and stores and people are busted left and right for welfare fraud, then yes I have this mentality.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

If you're used to seeing it abused, and it's common knowledge in your specific area that it's abused, then I get why you would be judgy about it. I just hate the bandwagon people that just want to judge something, and since everyone, who's anyone, has (apparently) been witness to someone whipping out the EBT card from a Fendi purse, it means they're abusing the system.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:673b431c-d163-43cf-ad49-2c378d6f04ec">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I guess I agree, but I REALLY judge guys who can't control themselves when a woman dressed in revealing clothes walks by. I mean, is it really totally involuntary when you whistle or catcall? You can't just quickly admire her and move on; you have to make it really obvious?
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]
     <div>Agreed, catcalls or whistles are not ok, but when a woman wears very low cut shirts and catches a man staring or even just glancing, she gets offended. It's basically a compliment, besides you did put them out there for the world to see. What more would you expect.</div>
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:5368449f-2189-4544-bdb5-08723a9b5fb0">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : This is exactly what I have to say about that debate. I wouldn't know if something was Wal-Mart or Tiffany if it bit me in the face. I judge people who can't grasp simple grammar concepts. <strong>It's "I saw so and so" not "I seen so and so".</strong> I also judge people who still think that tanning is OK. And I even judge people a little who are addicted to spray tanning. I just don't get the appeal. It almost always looks unnatural.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

Gah, one of my good friends is a pharmacist and she says that. I'm like, "So you aced biophysics and organic chemistry, but you failed English 101??"
  • OOH! I just remembered one - I was in the bathroom the other day, a mom had her son in the women's bathroom - he was probably on the high side of 3 - that's cool, Whatever. He peed with the seat down and peed all over the seat. And he didn't flush. Or wash his hands. And peed with the door wide open so I, walking in to the bathroom was able to see his butt and he turned to look at me, which I assume could have been when he hit the seat? Anyway, it was gross. 

If you're going to bring your kid into the women's bathroom, make them treat it with respect, just like if YOU were the next one to go in there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:673b431c-d163-43cf-ad49-2c378d6f04ec">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I guess I agree, but I REALLY judge guys who can't control themselves when a woman dressed in revealing clothes walks by. I mean, is it really totally involuntary when you whistle or catcall? You can't just quickly admire her and move on; you have to make it really obvious?

I agree, but some women could get angry just with someone glancing her way or smiling at her. The assumption would be he's doing it because she's got her goods on display, and how dare he even look at her.
  • I judge people who complain that they have "no money" when they go on trips to Europe 5 times a year, send their children to private schools that cost the same as my college tuition and eat lunch out everyday.  You have money, just not as much as you'd like.

I judge an estranged relative who frequently tells people that they have had everything handed to them because they have a good job or moved away from home.  I got my job because I worked hard and earned it, and I am paying out of my ears for my college education, but the way he tells it, I "sucked up" to my employers and am a "hack."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Meegles, "I seen" makes me twitch. It doesn't even sound good. How do people not hear that?
  • I judge the visibly pregnant woman on the street corner last week with her toddler and 'please help we're homeless sign' who was smoking a cigarette.  I considered giving her some money until I saw that - I'm sorry you're having a difficult time, but no way I'm going to buy you a pack of smokes.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I judge people who air their dirty laundry publicly on FB, especially when they have a problem with someone and they choose to tell them on their wall instead of privately.  Especially when the person they are berating is a kid with suicidal thoughts.  The kid needs help, you telling him he's a c*** does not help.  Go away and mind your own business. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm done after this Adamar, promise.  But yeah, MK.  My friend from home has worked at a peds office for years in an inner city office.  The Dr's have to write scripts for people all the time for advil, tylenol, condoms, etc., because the patients say they can't afford it, yet get into Escalades and stuff.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:b9bc0365-e86d-4e20-a960-b7d7d2e6fa1d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : That happened to me on Monday. Finally, I screamed, "I have BABIES IN MY CAR!" and he slowed down. I can tolerate people driving like diiicks on normal occasions, but not when my nephews are with me.

We got rear-ended (ended up being no damage to our car but hers was a different story) last week by a 17 y/o girl.  Baby Bee was in the car and I was a pissed off Mother Bear when I got out of the car.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:07fa9e48-4132-42c4-9fe1-2e751c6b25a5">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... :   Agreed, catcalls or whistles are not ok, but when a woman wears very low cut shirts and catches a man staring or even just glancing, she gets offended. It's basically a compliment, besides you did put them out there for the world to see. What more would you expect.
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, that I totally agree with. I think a lot of the time it's the woman trying to get even <em>more</em> attention. Like, pay attention to me while you're admiring me, then pay more attention to me when I complain about being objectified. That is certainly ridiculous.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I judge people who are not only mean to servers but also to people like telemarketers -- just be polite for god's sake. They're people trying to make a living.
    Lizzie
  • TK keeps eating my posts and I want to judge. I judge the parents who leave their kids with us all day who don't have to. I know it is a free program bit they don't have to stay the entire 11.5 hours. They are 4 and 5 years old. A normal school day is until 2 if you want them to get used to school. If you aren't working till 6, come get them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:ce958fac-884f-48ce-af35-fe37da3134d9">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : We got rear-ended (ended up being no damage to our car but hers was a different story) last week by a 17 y/o girl.  Baby Bee was in the car and I was a pissed off Mother Bear when I got out of the car.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the little one is okay! Yeah, if anyone ever hits me when my nephews or future stepkids are in the car, I can tell you now I will not be in the right mindset to make responsible decisions about my actions.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:32599416-8a91-4fc4-8832-13c386855f9a">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who are not only mean to servers but also to people like telemarketers -- just be polite for god's sake. They're people trying to make a living.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you -- to a point.  I get telemarketers who call at work all the time.  I try to be polite as far as I can.  But if a telemarketer keeps pushing me after I've repeatedly said we're not interested at this time, they're getting hung up on.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:0c5c3d1f-de58-49e9-96c1-155cd3c4bd52">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK keeps eating my posts and I want to judge. I judge the parents who leave their kids with us all day who don't have to. I know it is a free program bit they don't have to stay the entire 11.5 hours. They are 4 and 5 years old. A normal school day is until 2 if you want them to get used to school. If you aren't working till 6, come get them.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

=-( 
    that's so sad
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:e4aa9fb3-dafa-4a01-9064-7e36f3907911">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I agree with you -- to a point.  I get telemarketers who call at work all the time.  I try to be polite as far as I can.  But if a telemarketer keeps pushing me after I've repeatedly said we're not interested at this time, they're getting hung up on.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Same here, I just don't have time to keep saying "No thank you we are not interested."
  • I judge people who have children yet post pics of themselves out boozing it up every.single.weekend. I seriously have a friend with thousands of pictures of her and her H out at clubs/bars Thur-Sun every week, and her album that is labeled family has 4 pictures in it. When you know the drink special at every bar within a 30 mile radius, but you can't remember your parent teacher conference, you might want to reevaluate your priorities. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:8a7e18b7-0035-4de4-abea-2ae27ea92ec7">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm done after this Adamar, promise.  But yeah, MK.  My friend from home has worked at a peds office for years in an inner city office.  The Dr's have to write scripts for people all the time for advil, tylenol, condoms, etc., because the patients say they can't afford it, yet get into Escalades and stuff.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

You listen to me when I tell you how to post!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I judge people that use text speak in business communications.  I really don't care if you're typing a work email on your Blackberry--it's a WORK email and 'r u' etc makes you look like an idiot.

But then, I don't even use text speak in actual texts.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:e4aa9fb3-dafa-4a01-9064-7e36f3907911">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I agree with you -- to a point.  I get telemarketers who call at work all the time.  I try to be polite as far as I can.  But if a telemarketer keeps pushing me after I've repeatedly said we're not interested at this time, they're getting hung up on.

I was just going to say this.

Also, students calling me to donate to where I went to school. I judge whoever trained you. When I say is can't give anything when you ask for $100, doesn't mean I'll change my mind for $50, $25, $10, etc. I'm still paying my loans. We can talk after those are gone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:e4aa9fb3-dafa-4a01-9064-7e36f3907911">Re: I judge...</a>:

<div>On the same line as this, I get horribly pissed and judgy of store workers (particuarily Kohls) that ask me if I want to sign up for a CC.  The first time, I'm very nice when I decline because I know it's part of their job.  However, the last time I was there, they guy asked 4 times, in 4 different ways.  Yeah, the bitchiness came out a little after that.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • There's pretty much no excuse for text speak anymore. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:e4aa9fb3-dafa-4a01-9064-7e36f3907911">Re: I judge...</a>:
    Yes. Exactly. <div>
    </div><div>We had a security company guy come by the house Tuesday, I was like "Sorry, we're moving, we don't need a security system right now, but thanks" and tried to close the door. He stopped it with his hand and said "well, we work in North Carolina too! I can go ahead and sign you up for your new house!"</div><div>
    </div><div>Dude. BTFO. </div>
  • I'll be nice to telemarketers the first time they call.  But when they call repeatedly after telling them no I get pissed.  Our mortgage bank keeps calling for H to do a survey.  I say he is gone and I can do it, but no they need him to do it.  When the third person called and said the same thing  I finally snapped and said I've told 3 people now that H is deployed and will be gone for a few months.  Either allow me to take the survey with my POA, or please mark on your list not to call me again.  

I judge the Facebook posts that say "I'm going to be the bigger person and not stoop to your level."  Fail.  Being the beigger person would be not posting anything at all.  By posting about not posting, you are in fact on their level.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I judge myself for desperately wanting to leave work to continue reading "fifty shades darker"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards