Not Engaged Yet

New Thintopia!

Since we are all trying to lose weight again, I created a new Thintopia challenge.

Password = sparkles
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New Thintopia!

• I joined! 

I'm back on WW as of today and getting my booty back to the gym today as well. I've banned myself from purchasing new clothes until I start hitting some of my goals. 

• I ate everything I lost last week...yesterday.  It was terrible.  So, I need some accountability.  I also need to start running again, but I'm worried about my calf and ankle spasms when I've been walking.
    I french with my man
  • I just ordered a new scale since I had been relying on the Wii fit board.  One can only take abuse from that stupid voice for so long...
    Anniversary
  • Oo can I join? I definitely need the accountability. I had to go buy new clothes for work last week since I popped a button. Not happy! Bf and I started running again but now the nights are drawing in I'm going to be full of excuses.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:fb2213f0-ebdb-4663-919f-9f9b0a92325e">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered a new scale since I had been relying on the Wii fit board.  One can only take abuse from that stupid voice for so long...
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear it's mean.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:170b7752-ac16-4a4a-8771-4241e87cd5eb">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Thintopia! : I hear it's mean.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    One time I weighed myself and I was 2 pounds heavier than I was a few weeks prior and it actually asked me to select a reason why my weight increased.
    Anniversary
  • I joined.  I bought my wedding dress yesterday...it is stunning but I need to lose about 10-12lbs for me to be stunning in it.  :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:e88bc5be-2c52-4a0e-8871-92738c071bcb">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I joined.  I bought my wedding dress yesterday...it is stunning but I need to lose about 10-12lbs for me to be stunning in it.  :)
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen!

I need to be able to wear my old clothes again. FI dropped almost 20 lbs in one month no problem, im down 5 since we both started boo!

• Lauren, what a biiiiiiiiitch.

Stina, that's terrible.  M is down like 10 pounds in two weeks.  I want to punch him for it, because it's not like he's doing anything better than I am, the jerkface.
    I french with my man
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:4a85df6f-886a-416f-8fc5-f020a8e3a14b">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Thintopia! : Pics or it didn't happen! Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

Ok...FI knows I post on this board, however, so I am probably going to delete this later today after I post so please don't quote me.  :) 

I love the top and the veil I tried on with it (I'll wear the veil for the actual wedding then likely take it off).  I love that the skirt feels bridal while the top feels like "party".  I love the fact that, with the right bra and right tailoring my boobs are going to look amazing in this. 

That said, I think I just need to get the bottom raised up a little so the band going across (before the skirt comes out) hits more around my hips than my thighs.  Thoughts?  Or, alternatively, I need to lose those 10-12lbs in my thighs (which won't happen...my waist will just get smaller).  They had a sample sale so I bought the sample for 50% off. 
  • I love that dress Minskat - it's a really stunning shape. I definitely agree that the skirt needs to start a little higher up on you just to hit at the right spot - I don't it has anything to do with losing weight though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the dress!  Not sure if I'll join Thintopia, but we'll see haha.  I have slightly too many genetic factors towards eating disorders, so I don't like to make weight loss a "goal" - rather I'd prefer to exercise regularly as opposed to chilling on the couch...something like that :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:8a07cc37-5c36-4e62-a60c-967fb2ea2f46">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oo can I join? I definitely need the accountability. I had to go buy new clothes for work last week since I popped a button. Not happy! Bf and I started running again but now the nights are drawing in I'm going to be full of excuses.
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

'Course you can.

I have failed to see a thintopia challenge through to the end, so I'm not sure if I should even attempt it with this one.  I keep dropping off and stopping the weigh-ins after a few weeks.  I suck.
  • I joined.  gotta stop eating cupcakes for breakfast and gelato and chips for dinner.
  • So in!  I fixed my hangover yesterday by eating an entire gf pizza to myself:(
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Thanks for setting it up Peek!

rdr - that's such a good idea. I don't have money to buy new stuff right now, but by the end of the 8 weeks I will. No new clothes unless I meet the goal!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:5594a62b-b48a-4e66-b69f-f1b6ec29cfd5">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So in!  I fixed my hangover yesterday by eating an entire gf pizza to myself:(
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

Well since it's gf it's got to be healthy right?! ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:393e1e46-9c90-49fc-83e8-31311b36f4e0">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I joined.  gotta stop eating cupcakes for breakfast and gelato and chips for dinner.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>If I was having the six months you've had, I'd totally be on a cupcake and gelato only diet.</div>
    I french with my man
  • I'm in. I have gotten lumpy and lazy since I got married. Time to get back on the workout wagon. Unfortunately I did something to my back last week, so that may hold me up for the next few days, but then I'm all in! I might even start Insanity again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• thanks, peek.  but now I'm stressing because I've gained back all the weight and my clothes don't fit again!  plus, I hope it will make me feel a little better physically.  maybe.
  • So - can someone explain how thintopia works? Do I just enter my weight each week? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:6fbce7df-cf62-424d-80f8-8eab87b5aad7">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So - can someone explain how thintopia works? Do I just enter my weight each week? 
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Yep.  That's it.  It won't display your weight for us to see.  All we'll see is a percentage loss or gain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:95647000-c720-4079-b8a5-89990e3615c9">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Thintopia! : Yep.  That's it.  It won't display your weight for us to see.  All we'll see is a percentage loss or gain.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Ohh thanks Elle. I wondered what that number was.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:1999b54a-5413-4eef-8543-06b2940e1bd0">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Thintopia! : Well since it's gf it's got to be healthy right?! ;)
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

So healthy;)   The double pepperoni double cheese had to help, too!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-thintopia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d0a9983a-2688-4ffb-bb52-3619d8e730b6Post:e88bc5be-2c52-4a0e-8871-92738c071bcb">Re: New Thintopia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I joined.  I bought my wedding dress yesterday...it is stunning but I need to lose about 10-12lbs for me to be stunning in it.  :)
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

Umm...where the hell is your AW about this? I demand pictures!

• I'm in!  Last time, I kind of fizzled out on the weigh ins too.  This time, I plan to be more diligent.

• Ok, prob will make everyone confused. I joined but rather than be known as jbsmada even though I am JB's mom/dad. I went by smashlovey27... It's more of realizing I am still a human being with my own self than just a mom, even though I love my son more than anything. I didn't think long term when I made this my screen name.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay I joined too...I need some accountability as well. BF and I are going to Las Vegas in December and even if it won't be that warm out, I still want to feel good when I'm down there.

• I joined as a different username since I didn't want to use this one (I don't really like it) it's wazzuball.

• Wait, does this mean I have to start the daily accountability threads?  I don't want that hat...
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards