California-Central

Northern CA Venue Help

My fiance and I live in the Sacramento area are looking to find a Ceremony/Reception venue in the northern California area.  We're having trouble finding venues that aren't otherwise listed online.  We'd like to be married outdoors.  If anyone has any suggestions as to some nice places we're open to suggestions!  The date we'd like is August 13th 2011.  We enjoy coastal areas and wineries. =)  Any help would be amazing.

Re: Northern CA Venue Help

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I live in the Sacramento area are looking to find a Ceremony/Reception venue in the northern California area.  We're having trouble finding venues that aren't otherwise listed online.  We'd like to be married outdoors.  If anyone has any suggestions as to some nice places we're open to suggestions!  The date we'd like is August 13th 2011.  We enjoy coastal areas and wineries. =)  Any help would be amazing.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on a local NoCal. board.  This board is international and we can't really help with specific questions like these.  Example:   I'm in NJ and don't know anything about your area.  Look to your left.  drop down bars for local wedding boards are there.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I am from Los Angeles, but love the Amador County Area (1 hour east of Sac). There are a bunch of wineries in plymouth and the fair play area. I am getting married on May 7, 2011 at Terra d'Oro winery, in plymouth. 
    email me if you are interested in that area
    skb9183@lausd.net
    sarah
  • edited December 2011
    How far are you willing to travel in California?  I live on the Central Coast (Monterey area), and we have a bunch of outside venues here.  The weather is usually nice here in August, as well. 
    Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Pacific Grove (Monterey area)  at Berwick park which is gorgeous. Lovers Point Park is also just up the road. Both these parks are public but are right next to the ocean. The thing with pacific Grove is you have to get a permit which is only for a 2 hour time slot and I believe you can have up to 100 people at the ceremony. Your guests also have to find parking on the street. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Saralee Vineyards and Richard's Grove!  I searched for a long time before stumbling across this.  It was gorgeous and perfect!  Our guests raved about the location.  It is outdoors, oak trees and 4 acres of lawn with old rail cars housing the kitchen and restrooms.  We were able to set up lawn games.  They have beautiful flowers as well.  They have a built in dance floor and about 40 picnic tables you can use (we did and saved on table rentals).  This was a dream location and one of the cheapest I could find.

http://www.saraleesvineyards.com/new/weddings.shtml

If you have a larger budget, check out Kunde winery as well.  They have multiple ceremony sites.  Atwood Ranch, the white barn, Kenwood farms and gardens, Dawn Ranch Lodge.  There are so many!  It depends on what style you are going for.
  • edited December 2011
    Sunset Whitney Country Club. Cynthia is the coordinator and pampers you and does all the stress work to make it great for you. Great prices and gorgeous.

We were getting married there, but won a radio contest for a $20,000 wedding and had to change venues, vendors and date.
  • Lizzy42Lizzy42 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's up in the mountains, but there are a lot of great places up in Camino, Ca. A family friend is getting married here: http://www.thevenuevixens.com/silverthorn/. I visited the space last winter (to get a christmas tree with my family) and it was BEAUTIFUL even in the cold!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• klbarcaskeyklbarcaskey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the auburn historical mines are really amazing... tho ended up being a little out of budget for how small our wedding is going to be, its 3000 for wedding and reception and you can pick your own caterer. worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards