October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 6/1

Have you gotten your wedding bands?  If not when do you plan on getting them?  If yes, pics please.  Do you plan on getting them engraved?

PS Happy June everyone!!
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 6/1

• Ugh, no, not yet, we keep trying and something keeps coming up. Hopefully this weekend! I doubt we will get them engraved.
    Anniversary
  • musictchr25musictchr25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Yes!  Bought mine in January, and FI's in April! We decided not to do engraving, mostly because we couldn't really think of anything short enough and special enough to us that would fit.

I want to wear mine all the time, and I secretly try it on, but shhhhh!

FI's Palladium Band

My Platinum Band

-Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • We got ours! Actually, that was one of the first things we did just because we were going back and forth on the wedding or courthouse thing. The rings we knew we needed either way.
    Mine:

His:
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • snuff9861snuff9861 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Fi's <clicky>
    Mine <clicky>
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We ordered ours but FI's is on backorder so we haven't picked them up yet...so no pics :(  FI's looks a lot like lv2011's FI's ring.

We had them engraved with our wedding date.
  • Here are mine.  We got them in December when we were Christmas shopping.  FI wants to get them engraved but I am not sure with what yet.  I was thinking we could put "Handful" and our wedding date.  Handful is from me calling him Handsome and him calling me Beautiful.  So I think that would be kinda cute.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:6cfdb6f5-859a-4fb4-a3a9-414d91bbd51bPost:28067290-e754-416f-830f-7bb6d26c2243">Re: QOTD 6/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got ours! Actually, that was one of the first things we did just because we were going back and forth on the wedding or courthouse thing. The rings we knew we needed either way. Mine: His:
    Posted by lv2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Is your band from Jared's?  Mine is, and is identical to yours!  It's so pretty, I try it on for 5 minutes or so every now and then :).</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • We got ours a few months ago, but I have no pictures! I've tried mine on a couple times too..
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI has his already and he likes to try it on now and then. I might get mine tonight actually, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't gotten FI's yet just because he can't make up his mind on what he wants.  We got mine in December because they were having a really good sale and I fell in love with it.  It's a jacket, not a band, so I'm kinda sad I won't be able to wear my e-ring while getting ready the day of the wedding.  Or, I might just hand it over to the best man right before we walk down the aisle :)

dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • We've got both of ours...but I have no pics to post since I'm on my phone and don't have a computer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FL is using his father's old wedding band.  FL's father and mother updated their bands for their 25th wedding anniversary.  So we are going to pass the band down in generations after us.  I on the other hand can't make up my mind of what I want.  We will hopefully have it purchased by August.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • My engagement ring came withthe band, which I was more than thrilled about. I did not want to try and find a band to match- working in a jewellery store I realized how hard and frustrating it would be.

mine:
    3 CT. T.W. Quad Princess Cut Diamond Bridal Set in 14K Gold - Zales

Fi does not wear jewellery, and has lost every piece that he has ever been given, I knew that getting him to ever wear one is going to be a challenge, so I told him to pick someone out that he would actually wear....

Titanium Camo Ring

He is the one wearing it not me.
  • Bahhh, no!  Althought last night the only thing I could get him to sit still for long enough to tell him he needs to email his ring lady, who he designed my e-ring through.  Hopefully he will do so soon, so we can order them!!

• Yes, we bought them in October.  The Jewelry store where FI bought my E-ring was having a special where if you spend a certain $ amount, you got a free iPad.  So 2 rings and an iPad...yes please!

We just have to take them back at some point to get them engraved.  We'll probably have something simple, like our initials and 10-12-12 since my ring can only fit about 15 characters/spaces.

Here are some pics.  Sorry about the poor quality, my iPhone camera was scratched back when I took these pics.

Mine - Micropave diamonds on a platinum band

His - Tungsten band

• My ring and E ring cam together

And FI ring 

We both picked it out...I was surprised he didn't want something more simple. But its the only jewelry he will wear! 
    for siggy
  • UGH negative. FI is being picky on what he wants and mine has to be custom made to match up. The sad part they need my ring for 4-6 weeks! Trying to find a good time, with showers and engagment pics its near impossible.
  • We've looked but FI doesn't want to buy (or even look again) until late june or July.  I'd like to get them engraved with our initials separated by the infinity symbol (and maybe wedding date if there's room.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:6cfdb6f5-859a-4fb4-a3a9-414d91bbd51bPost:b51e98eb-defb-4229-8750-048ea5f94ff2">Re: QOTD 6/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 6/1 : Is your band from Jared's?  Mine is, and is identical to yours!  It's so pretty, I try it on for 5 minutes or so every now and then :).
    Posted by CarolineandDean[/QUOTE]

Actually, I found it on Overstock! It was a great deal at $160 :)
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • We found a ring for him on overstock, and I just snagged a ring sizer that my mom had so we can size him and order it tonight. Mine is a little trickier because of the shape, so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I have a feeling this should be a siggy closer to our dates :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nope, not yet. Hoping to look this month and purchase by July.
  • mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Yes. I want to say we got them a couple of months ago when we were in the area (NJ) bc FI had to get measured for his best friend's wedding. We went to the same place he got my e-ring.
    Here is mine with my e-ring!

And this is FI's

We are not planning on getting them engraved.
  • My e-ring has amethyst stones in it and a few months ago it had to be sent out for repair.  We ordered the wedding band at that time so they could match the stones with the e-ring. 

We haven't gotten FI's ring yet bc they told us the material he wants is hard to resize so we are waiting as long as possible since he just had WLS and will be dropping weight like crazy.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Now that I posted this and saw my ring again I can not wait to wear it!!!!  I'm hoping time keeps flying by :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • We got ours a couple of months ago! I can't post a pic because I'm on my phone...I did awhile back, if everyone remembers... but his is tungsten and mine is engraved white gold.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • We got ours last month. 
    I had to put FI's away since he wanted to keep wearing it since he likes it so much. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We haven't gotten ours yet.  We got engaged only 3 1/2 months ago, so we paid for a lot of wedding stuff right away.  I'm thinking next month for the bands.  I haven't thought about getting them engraved or not.  I kind of want to do the fingerprint thing. 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We bought mine a couple months ago. My FI couldn't decide if he wanted to use his fathers or get a new one. He just decided today he wants a new one as he has been wearing his dads on his right hand, so we will be shopping for his soon.
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got them two weeks ago!! 

weddingpic
  • We got ours but I don't have a pic cause we're moving and don't want to lose them in the move so they're at the BM's house. We want to get them engraved but my band is too narrow (I have size 4 finger and didn't want a wide band). Thinking about engraving my ering and his band. Mine would just say "Tom's" and his "Nora's". We thought it was cute and to the point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards