African American Weddings
Options

show me your.....

invite wording!!! I know i could google some stuff.....but there are so many options and I am so overwhelemed thay my brain doesnt even want to read it.

Also.... what is a guestbook really for? I like the idea of having a picture mat for everyone to sign....but is the guestbook for messages or for just addresses? do I need both?

Re: show me your.....

• Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    wording

Together with their parents 
    Me
    and 
    FI
    request the honor of your presence at their marriage 

Friday, the fifth of July 
    Two thousand thirteen 
    Half after ten o'clock in the morning

Church 
    1111 Love Street 
    Fort Wayne, Indiana 66666
    Reception to follow

Guestbook:
    For me, I like being able to have something to let me know who shared in our day with us. I guess a take away for us. We are doing the framed alphabet letters and we plan to hang it up in our home. 

I felt like I already had address due to invite, so I don't need those. We also choose not to have people write messages because people say interesting things...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I cant remember my wording.

For our guest book I wanted to have something frameable. So we are just using old records we are spray painting and guests are signing. I dont care to collect addresses so it worked for us
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    My invite wording is the same as keyaira..dont have rsvp wording yet though. Im going to use the picture frame board you can write on with one of our epics in it and then frame it !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    i love your record idea!!! consider this stole ;-)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_show-me-your-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a37fdb45-ca78-415e-8aae-9e8d1a7a33c1Post:7b31f1a1-260e-48c6-b010-c42561712883">Re: show me your.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cant remember my wording. For our guest book I wanted to have something frameable. So we are just using old records we are spray painting and guests are signing. I dont care to collect addresses so it worked for us
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We're doing a photo guest book from Shutterfly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wording for my invite includes me, FI and our kids inviting to celebrate the beginning of our life as a family. I'm mobile so the layout would mess up if I posted how it looks. I'm not doing a guestbook but I will be using a well wishes card box.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards