Illinois-Southern Illinois

Southern or Northern Illinois?

My fiance and I currently live in northern Illinois, Joliet specifically, and we had originally planned on having the wedding here. My whole family lives in So. IL and his whole family lives in N. IL. However, things here are so much more expensive and much harder to work out with our under 10k budget. What do you ladies think? Do we cut everywhere possible and continue planning here or do we allow ourselves more flexibility in our budget and have it in So. IL?
live.laugh.love

Re: Southern or Northern Illinois?

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it is what you guys want and how familiar you are with So. IL.  I found wedding planning hard enough and mine was local.  But if you have a lot of family in so IL that could help, then that could work out.  I would recommend looking at some ceremony and reception sites in both places and choosing from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well, after long debate, we've decided on Southern Illinois, simply because every thing here in our price range is BOOKED!! already! I couldn't believe it!
    live.laugh.love
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of southern IL?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you thought about meeting in the middle. My family is in joiliet area and I live in southern, il . we often meet up in effingham, il
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards