Massachusetts-Boston

B+W in the Summer?

Hi All - Need some advice.

What are your thoughts on a black and white wedding in July?

I have my tasting on Saturday and am goign to discuss dates at that time, just beginning to think the colors don't "match" the season?

Re: B+W in the Summer?

• edited December 2011
    I think its totally fine... I mean why not? Not all wedding related things need to coordinate with the season. As long as the bm's aren't in floor length satin dresses in 100 degree heat I think you'll be fine.

Personally, I love black and white demask with pops of bright colors like yellow, green and red.
  • edited December 2011
    Black and white never ever goes out of style. You are totally fine :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of black and white - any season, any time of day, anywhere! Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I think black and white is very classy, maybe you could add very bright flowers to tie in the whole summer thing.
  • Buzzbee1Buzzbee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think blackand white is classic! You can never go wrong!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing black and turquoise in the summer....black and white is timeless, and you will be fine.  Don't let anyone talk you out of it!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto all the PPs. Black and white always works.
  • edited December 2011
    As someone who just had a B+W wedding (with pops of orange!) I say GO FOR IT! I would have done the exact same thing, no matter the season. We used orange in the cocktail decor, and B+W only in the reception room. It was SO easy to find things to match!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok... I'll try not to go overboard on this post, I just love B+W weddings... 

For the summer, B+W+Yellow would be fantastic! I think another bride is doing this combo (johnnysbride?) as well. I also love B+W+Teal... searching for pictures...

Here's some B+W+Y inspiration for you!
    (click for larger)

• edited December 2011

aaaaand.... I'm done being a post wh0re...

• edited December 2011
    Eri - I love you. Please plan my wedding. Ask Ali, I'm a nice person!

Thanks to all for the boost!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late on this, but black and white weddings are always gorgeous and super classy.  You can't go wrong!
  • edited December 2011
    Mck - people keep telling me to go into the event design business, maybe by your wedding I'll take the plunge. I don't know how one even starts though... ha!

BTW, my centerpieces are all for still for sale, and they are all B+W, hehe... ;)
  • Angrisani2Angrisani2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on July 24th and doing a black and white.  Al BM dresses, flower girls and mine are chiffon which is a little lighter and more summery.  I love B/W lus there's a lot yhou can then do with the flowers etc.  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards