Wisconsin

Fiance and I planning a weekend getaway! Where to go?

So some background info (please dont judge)

My fiance and I are living with my parents because we are still young. My parents built a beautiful big house a few years ago, and they made the basement into basically a 3 bedroom apartment so that when I started college I could stay at home and have someone else move into the guest room, but the 3rd bedroom is my brothers room/ guest bedroom (he lives 12hrs away but its still his room.)

Anyways, so when my parents did this they werent expecting me to fall in love with the man I am going to marry right away. His parents told him to get out of their house so he moved into the guest bedroom in our house and pays my parents rent.

So because we live with parents we normally dont get to much alone time so we enjoy going on small getaways to just be alone for a weekend. When we do this we put away the cell phones but have 1 with us at all times in case of emergencies and we leave the computers at home.

So any good places that are reasonable to go for a weekend away that is in or near wisconsin?! I like touring caves but only the ones that have paths not climbing through a hole. We would like a place to swim, dont worry about a pool or lake, and a place that is somewhat quite.

Any ideas?!

Re: Fiance and I planning a weekend getaway! Where to go?

• Lake Geneva and Cave of the Mounds are two places that came to mind quick...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • By the way, don't worry I'm not judging, my fiance and I just moved out of my parents house last week :) It's totally normal in today's day and age.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_fiance-and-i-planning-a-weekend-getaway-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:0397eb95-d04a-408c-b114-63a107f81009Post:c6e36477-b3d5-4c1b-bb5e-224120c1c298">Re: Fiance and I planning a weekend getaway! Where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lake Geneva and Cave of the Mounds are two places that came to mind quick...
    Posted by bridejl[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will have to look those up!!! :)
  • No judgement. My fiance lives with his parents, stuff happens.  If you haven't been to Door County I would reccomend that.  It is beautiful!  Lots to do, shops, hiking, etc!  We stay in Sister Bay, Birchwood Lodge is very nice or the Open Hearth Lodge. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards